Part 20; troubled water

Yes, it is. Just a few more than five seconds after I thought that, the monster suddenly makes a giant wave with its tentacles, caught in a sort of epilepsy-attack.

I see the others being thrown into the cold ocean before it's my turn. "You didn't say anything 'bout this, Gray!" I scream while in the air.

"I didn't know!" I hear him yell back. Then I hit the water.

"Swim away! Swim away!" A voice calls distantly but loudly. I quickly gather as much conscience as possible and change my location to a few metres further, where I can make out a vague figure.

The boat is nowhere to be seen. Perhaps because I now have my eyes closed, who knows. Anyway, if I'm right it's been twenty seconds since Mike threw the tea at the beast. If Graham was right, it should calm down now...

 And indeed, suddenly there are no more sudden waves and splashes of water everywhere. I look around and still catch a glimpse of the beast disappearing into the ocean.

The six of us are now all alone in the Atlantic ocean, with nothing useful except air to breathe. Was this all really a good idea? Should we have prepared better? But more importantly right now, how can we save ourselves from this?