16; no fear?

Okay, Eric is mad. But in our country mad often equals good, so as long as he doesn't go killing it's alright. The only thing is that he sometimes speaks in anagrams, so I've found out.

We have been floating on this water for four days now. The rate of our food supplies decreasing is really worrying me. We need to find either land or another ship soon.

Right now, we have all decided to take a break from rowing. It's more exhausting than we'd expected and now all parts of our bodies are hurting. In addition to that, about half an hour ago some kind of thing jumped out of the water and splashed our boat full of the salt seawater. My eyes are still stinging and I see Michael and Terry J shivering. Graham and Eric are just staring into space ignoring everything and everyone, and Terry G looks at the clouds as if they are paintings of Vincent Van Gogh himself. And me? I am observing these five very interesting people.

Suddenly I feel the boat move a bit. It wasn't a wave, I'd recognise those by now. "Did you feel that?" I ask. The others look up. "What?" Graham asks. "The boat moved." Michael says, having noticed it too. Graham shrugs.

Then we are all thrown to the left side of the boat and have to watch out not to fall into the water. "Okay, I see what you mean." Graham says nervously.

"Look!" Eric yells, fear in his voice. I look behind me and gasp.

A huge monster has risen out of the ocean. It's covered in blue and green shubs (don't ask me what they are), and throws its head from one side to another like a ball in a game of tennis, filling the nearby air with water that is doomed to fall upon us.

We quickly move over to the other side of the boat as good and as bad as it goes, just to get as far away from the creature as possible without crossing the far stretched lines of impossiblity.

I feel the level of fear increasing in by body, but just before it reaches my brain I remember something. My sword. I stand up, trying to balance on the heavily rocking surface of the boat, and jump over to the other side, where my sword is supposed to be.

The monster makes a sound that I think must equal growling if a lion would do that. "John!" I hear someone screaming. I don't look back, for if I would my chance of falling would increase with seventy-five percent.

"John! Come back!" The person screams again. I hear desperation in his voice and remember what we had said earlier. Live together or die together. All six of us. To be honest, I'd rather live together. And that's why I am doing this.

I grab my sword and look at the beast. Now that I look better, I can't find any eyes anywhere. It will destroy us without even knowing it does if I don't do anything.