Part 26; A dangerous event

"Listen", Eric said. The others turned their heads towards him. "I know we're here and quite happy we've all found each other, but there is this thing."

"Is there?" Gilliam asked. 

"Yes there is. You see, we have no food." Eric continued.

"And without food we won't survive!" Terry J commented. 

"Indeed. And since this is not that much of an island, there is almost nothing that can be done." Eric said.

They kept quiet for a bit.  

"Right! Better think of something then!" John said.

"If you have any ideas, John, don't hesitate to tell." Terry G rolled his eyes. 

"Actually, I do. I suggest we eat someone."

"Of course we have to eat someth- wait what did you say?" Eric stared at John with wide eyes.

"Erm, well. As I said." John swallowed and lifted his chin. "I am but a peasant, whereas you are kings, and knights. Moreover, I have a bad leg. I am of no use anymore. I propose you eat me."

"Eat you?"

"It's for your own benefit."

"With a bad leg?"

John looked up, slightly offended. "Look, you've got to be happy with what you've got!" He said.

"Stop that, it's silly." Graham interrupted the conversation. "We're not eating anyone. In fact, personally,  I would rather be captured by pirates than to eat someone."

Suddenly Mike's attention was drawn towards the ocean. "And so you shall." He whispered.