2, introducing

John Cleese's Point Of View:

"A shrubbery?" Graham looks up from the letter. "Yes, king. I would be awarded a shrubbery when I gave this letter to you,  sir. Can I take it home now?" I ask hopefully and a bit nervous. "A real shrubbery? And who, do you think, is going to give that to you?" Graham asks. I shrugged. "King Michael Palin, I suppose, sir."

King Graham sighs and looks at the letter again. "But, my dear... what's your name?"

"John. John Cleese, sir. I live nearby in the village."

King Graham nods. "But, my dear John, don't you know there haven't been any shrubberies in this continent since the fall of the Roman Empire?" My jaw dropped. "No shrubberies? Does that mean I do not get one then?"

"I'm afraid so, John." Graham smiles sadly. "But thanks a lot for delivering this letter, you might get another reward." He says. I hear a noise behind me, it's the door closing. King Graham looked surprised. "Ah, knight Eric. You haven't been spying on us, have you?"

Eric bows for the king. "I'm sorry to tell you, but yes sir. I have been spying. But this time it might prove useful." Graham laughs. "You said that last time too, and then my guest ran away in fear. What is it that came into you mind when you stood behind the door, listening?"

Eric hesitates. "I have heard about new shrubberies in western America. Now, since we need shrubberies desperately in this continent, we will have to go on a quest to find these shrubberies." He turns in my general direction. "The idea that popped into my mind, was, since we need at least six people on the expedition, that you could accompany us."

Graham jumps up from his seat and I raise my eyebrows, lines forming on my forehead. "What a brilliant, brilliant idea! What do you say, John?" Graham asks.

I hesitate no moment. I have nothing to loose. "That would be a dream come true. Thank you, knight Eric and king Graham. But I do have one question, if you mind."

"We don't. Do go on." Graham says delighted. I hesitate. "I will be awarded a shrubbery, will I?"

"Of course! Such a heroic deed deserves a shrubbery!" The smile still hadn't faded from the happy king's face. "And... who else will go on this quest?" I dare to ask. Graham looks at Eric. "Eric, you keep the records. Who will go?"

Eric takes an important-looking piece of parchment that he had been carrying with him. "Food... stones...no... ah there. Kings. Hmm.. ah, there it is. King Michael Palin from Bohemia, along with his knights Terry Jones and Terry Gilliam."

I am surprised, since I have never heard the name Terry before, and now suddenly I hear it twice. "Two Terry's?" I ask. Eric nods and did a step closer. "Tell no one, but everyone in Bohemia is called Terry, except the king!" He whispers. I look astonished. "I did hear of a state where everybody's name was Bruce, but this beats everything!"

"You might not know, that state you're talking about is most certainly called the Byzantine empire. I wouldn't spend too much words on it... but I have to agree with you, not such a thing is known in our culture!" I nod.

"Would you stop talking like nerdish schoolgirls and better share useful information on shrubberies in preparation for our quest?" Graham interrupts. "Yes sir. It's a pleasure." I bow. "But how else, can I ask, do I prepare?"

Graham seems to think for a moment. "You will be given a room in the castle until we take off. I will send king Michael Palin and his knights a letter in which I shall ask if they will come to here to join us as quickly as possible."