13; on sea

Luckily the weather is quite good, or at least, it's not raining and it isn't very windy. That last one is only nice for us to not get cold, but it also means that we have to paddle more. There are four paddles, so if each one of us takes one, two can rest a bit. And with four people paddling, our little ship moves forward in the waves.

Me, Terry, Eric and Terry are first while the two kings rest. "One, two, one two, one two." Eric counts. Even though it's annoying to hear the same thing over and over again, it really helps to keep the rythm of rowing, and, to be honest, it's rather relaxing.

When we have finally passed the wave breakers and are on the open sea, Graham and Michael take over from the two Terries. "How long would the journey take?" I ask between breaths. "Probably a few weeks." Michael answers and I raise my eyebrows. "So long?"

"But how are we going to survive so long with this amount of food and water?" I nod to the packages that are lying in the shade. "There must always at least two people be rowing, and about the food; we just need to be careful." Graham says. I nod. "And what about sharks and whales?"

"We'll leave that up to the fate. We can't predict what will happen."

I knew this would become a dangerous journey, but I hadn't thought of it that much before. But I don't really care. After all, I don't have anything to lose. I wonder how the others feel, though. They are all very important people. If something happens to them, there will be a whole kingdom with a problem.