5, the quest

John's POV:

I open the gate carefully. I had already seen who stood behind it, they seemed king Michael Palin and his knights to me. We have been expecting them since yesterday, Eric calculated how long the journey would take them.

"Is this king Graham's castle?" The middle one asks. "Yes, and I presume you are king Michael?" He nods. "Let me guide you through the castle." I say.

I've got to know the king's residence very well in the time I've stayed here. It's very nice. The people are nice too, and I have become great friends with Eric and Graham, who share the same interests as me. By which I mean, shops, seabirds and also parrots. Eric has a special interest in strange songs, which he sings when he likes to.

But anyway, after I tell them my name and what I did in the castle (they were quite surprised, and me too, since I'd thought that king Graham would have mentioned me in his letter), I guide them through the castle. They'll be staying here one night, tomorrow we will leave on our quest. I am quite happy they speak English fluently, though one has a bit of a strange accent. When I asked him about it (it was Terry G) he told me he was from over the sea, from where we were going. So, America. Well, that was a useful coincidence!

"Shall I introduce you to king Graham and knight Eric now?" I ask. "Yes, please." Michael says. I quite like these guys already. They may be from a different country and culture, but they are very friendly. I lead them to the hall, where Graham should be situated. I find him and Eric staring into space, probably not having noticed the other king's arrival. I nudge them. "They are here, I already showed them the castle." I whisper. They look up. "Ah, it's such a pleasure to meet you. I'm Graham Chapman of England, and this is my knight Eric Idle. You have probably already heard this from mister John Cleese." Graham says smiling.

"It's an honor to meet you too, mr. Chapman. What a nice castle you have, I must say." Michael responds without any sign of rivalry. "Oh, thank you, that's good to hear. And you can call me Graham, if you want. As long as I can call you Michael, or Mike." Graham says hopefully. Michael laughs. "That's alright, Graham. Oh, and let me introduce to you, my knights Terry Jones and Terry Gilliam." They do a step forward and bow.

"I shall lead you to your rooms now, it already is late and it will be a long day tomorrow." Eric says. The foreigners nod. "Thank you. Good night then, Graham and John." Terry J says. "Good night to you too, Terry, and Michael, and Terry." I answer.

As soon as the three royals from Bohemia are gone, Graham yawns. "I should be going to bed too, I think." He yawns again. "I don't think there's any need to act all posh around them, Graham. They're really nice guys." I say, having noticed the change in behaviour. He nods. "And so I won't."