16- Will you please?

"I'll give you a five if you eat that black licorice I found in the trash."

"Make it ten and we have a deal." 

Ignoring the insane conversations between Margo and Melody wasn't too hard for you, but ignoring the frustrated expression on Okuyasu's face wasn't. You might've damn near burned your hand, with the overflowing coffee streaming out of the cup you intended to fill, hadn't it been for [Ninety-Nine Balloons].

"Ah, shit.." Well, there goes another used paper towel to the landfill. That's on you for not paying attention. Dumbass.

"He kinda looks like he's about to shit himself." Someone snickered from behind, sounding oddly like... Yeah, that was Margo. "Is he constipated or somethin'?"

"Hm? No, he just looks upset. Maybe I should ask what's wrong?"

"No. Really, don't." She replied plainly, ignoring Melody choking on the revolting black licorice in the background. "I'm betting ten bucks he's probably just constipated. Leave the kid be."

"Why do you say that like I'm not also a kid."

"Because you're my friend."

"How does that even work."

"Anyone who isn't my friend is a child, because children don't deserve to be in my presence."

"Margo, please--"

Ring, ring! You've got a customer at the counter!

...Speak of the damn devil.

"Jesus Christ..." You whipped around with a forced smile already on your face. "Hello, what can I-- Oh, good evening, Okuyasu!"

"Hey there, (Y/n).." His eyes were already trained on the menu off to the side, though it seemed like he was simply staring off into space rather than reading the contents. What was on his mind, you wondered.

"Yeah, hey..." Was that Josuke and Koichi hiding outside the shop? "I wanted to ask you a quick something, since we've been friends for a while and all."

At first glance, Okuyasu seems like a thug. However, if you were to talk to him and get to know the guy, you'd immediately notice his soft heart. His humorous, lovable, and simple minded nature. His loyalty towards his friends, his compassion towards what he loves. Everything pieces itself together over time, yet also all at once.

This is why you really couldn't say no to his question.

"Will... You be willing to-- uh, go on a date with me?"

He looked almost prepared for rejection, hands massaging each other in circles, eyes staring down at the counter with slight regret, his eyebrows knitted together.

"Sure!" Melody damn near choked on the licorice she was already trying to spit out. "When, and where? I'm down for whatever."

Two kids behind the door barreled backward in what was presumably shock and excitement-- So that was Josuke and Koichi outside the shop!

"Really? You ain't kidding?"

"Of course not! We've known each other for a while, so I don't see why not." You chuckled, spitting out the white stick from your mouth, barren of the hard candy it once held on its tip. "Plus, it might be fun."

Yeah, why would you say no to such an opportunity? Naturally, you might have to restrain Seth once you give him the news, and maybe give him some pills to calm him down, but other than that, there was no downside!

Let's just say that the excitement for your very first date kept you going throughout the day.