2- cherry cola

(sorry i havent updated in so long! heres a new chapter!)

"(y/n) roma?" josuke repeated, tilting his head. "are you new too? you know thats a guys uniform, right?"

your eye twitched. no one seemed to like giving you a break on this shit, huh? "yes, im fully aware this is a mens uniform. you got a problem with me wearing it?"

he seemed taken aback by your sudden anger, bowing repeatedly. "im sorry if i offended you!"

"its whatever." you chuckled, walking past the middle schooler and extremely tall man. the taller one eyed you suspiciously, glaring at you while you walked away while the shorter just kind of stared at you for a moment before turning away. as you were about to get on your assigned bus, your phone began to ring, vibrating in your pocket. it was seth, surprisingly.

you pulled it out, pressing the 'accept call' button and holding the phone to your ear. "hello?"

"hey, uh, (y/n)? we have a litttttle bit of a problem." seth said quietly through the phone.

you cocked an eyebrow, listening. "yeah? what is it?"

"well, uh, i kinda forgot school takes money and shit? and we're flat broke?"

"so- do you want me to come home or something?" you asked, looking back to josuke and the two other people. they were watching your conversation, though you doubted they could hear you clearly.

"yeah, just come back so we can figure this out, ok?"

"got it seth, on my way." you huffed, ending the call.

you quickly scrambled off the bus before it departed, earning angry curses from the bus driver. you flipped him off,  running back to your house slightly embarrassed. you already introduced yourself to someone, get on a bus, then make a fool of yourself since seth didnt tell you that you didnt have enough money for school! now, you had to sprint back to your house in an unfamiliar neighborhood in order to figure out how you were going to handle this situation.

you turned corner after corner as you ran, making it back to your house in around ten minutes. sweat pooled from your forehead, dampening your face in its salty contents. you trudged up to your front door, using the spare key you had to unlock it and swing it open while screeching: "SETH WHAT THE FUCK"

you heard something drop, followed by a loud 'damnit (y/n)!'

"seth!" you boomed, marching into the small dining room and finding your brother picking up his phone. "why didnt you think that school would cost us money?!"

"i dont know!" he yelled, "i just thought you payed for the uniform and shit and the education would be free.. ill just home-school you until we get enough money to get you into an actual school, is that ok?"

you sighed, wiping the sweat from your forehead with your sleeve. "fine, i guess.... have you found a job to get us started?"

"yeah, but im going to need you to find one too. sure, one job can support the both of us living wise, but we're gonna need extra cash for your schooling and stuff too." he hummed, looking through the newspaper on the table.

"i think ill take up the job as a waiter for Trattoria Trussardi, a little italian restaurant on the edge of town." seth mumbled, pointing to a 'help wanted' section of the newspaper. you nodded.

"alright.. where should i work then?" you asked, unbuttoning your gakuran while walking to your room.

"wherever you want as long as its not a strip club or in the mafia. try to find one by where i work, or some place close to our house.." he yelled after you, flipping through the newspaper some more, his eyes landing on a certain job that would be perfect. "hey, why dont you work in this cafe! its right by our house, and i can get to it easily if something happens!"

you walked back into the dining room, pulling down your black tshirt over your sports bra and looking at what your brother spoke of. a little cafe named 'memories of dragonflies' needed a new barista to work there since their last one quit. you nodded, "as long as im not wearing some short ass skirt and crop top as a uniform, then im alright with working there for a bit."

"alright then, ill give them a call and see if the position is still open. can you get started on dinner for me, please?" he asked, dialing the number into his phone.

"sure, im on it." you said, smiling.

----------

you sliced open a few potatoes, dropping them into the boiling water and adding a pinch of salt. seth slammed down his pen and ran into the kitchen, his bright blue hair bouncing as he approached you excitedly. "the position is still open, and i already hooked you up! you'll start your first shift tomorrow!"

you turned around, grinning happily. "great! what about the uniforms? what do you have to wear?"

"you'll love them!" he cheered, picking you up and holding you in the air. "no skirts! no tank top! nothing revealing! perfect for my little (y/n)!!"

you giggled, his large hands slightly tickling your sides. "thats great! what about your job as a waiter?"

"ill be starting tomorrow as well, ill pick you up when my shift is over. now, let me help you with the cooking, and we can watch cut throat kitchen while we eat!"

"fuck yeah!"

yes, this is gonna be kinda a cafe au. no, none of the characters will work there but they will visit you!

also, seth may be a bit overprotective and might have the tendency to want to fight people who claim an interest to you uwu he's such a baby

go drink some water or i wont make tonio a love interest

stay safe, love yourself, and goodnight.

~trash author