Prologue

The past few moons had been pretty wild for Brambleclaw. One minute he was just you're average Thunderclan warrior, and the next he was one of the cats prophesied to lead the clans to a new territory.

From then on, it only got crazier. With twolegs destroying their homes and cats going missing they had no choice but to move. On the journeys, a number of odd things happened. He met his half-siblings, he met a tribe of mountain cats, mourned the loss of a valiant friend, and saw a cat with fire for fur.

Recently, he had begun training with his father in the afterlife each night alongside his half-brother, Hawkfrost. Each night after they would train, they would be able to chat for a bit of time, and through those interactions, Brambleclaw first learned of Stormberry, one of Hawkfrost's closest friends. He learned of her powers, her scar, and how brave she was said to be. His father, Tigerstar, seemed to be a bit touchy on the subject of Stormberry, but the brothers had no idea why.

One night, after they had trained, Hawkfrost asked Brambleclaw if he would like to meet Stormberry at the next gathering. He had agreed, having been astounded by the tales of her bravery that Hawkfrost had told him.

Tigerstar had also been listening to those tales and had been conversing with Mapleshade about the shecat and her possible recruitment. The sons didn't know this of course, for it would have near-fatal consequences if they did.

Things had gotten pretty crazy in Brambleclaw's life, but upon meeting Stormberry, they only got crazier.