Epilogue

It had been many moons since Stormberry and Brambleclaw held their last meeting on the island, and much had changed for the warriors.

Stormberry had since recovered from her injuries and bonded more with Mothwing over the loss of their friend and sibling figure. She also continued to go to Mistyfoot, her longtime friend and mentor, for advice. The shecat felt she needed this more than ever with what had gone on in her life. The Riverclan warrior had yet to take another mate, due to the fact that it hadn't felt quite right, but she promised herself she would someday. Stormberry spent her days hunting, fishing, helping Mothwing, and having fun alongside her clanmates. She never told a single soul about her relationship with Brambleclaw or what had really happened on the beach; but most importantly, she was happy.

Brambleclaw had also recovered from his wounds and had not spoken to Stormberry since that last night on the island. He had gone back to his clan, recovered from his injuries, and moved on in life. Much like Stormberry had. The pair shared a few conversations at gatherings every now and then, but they did their best to stay apart after what had happened. After the death of Hawkfrost, Brambleclaw now felt ready to start a new chapter in his life.

The tom had waited a bit, seeing as how things had ended with Stormberry, but he eventually found love again in a shecat in his own clan named Squirellflight. It was a strange relationship, due to the fact that she had gone missing for a few moons and returned with three of their kits, but it was a good one. The family was happy; he was happy. And he too never told another cat what really happened that day on the beach, or about his relationship with Stormberry.

In what seemed like it could be the end of their story, both cats ended up living happy lives.

Until one of them came to see that their story was yet to be over.