Chapter 8

The next morning when Stormberry awoke, the sun was just beginning to rise on the horizon. She yawned and stretched just before a smile grew upon her face as she recalled the events of the night before. She then looked over at Hawkfrost, who was still sound asleep in his nest; Not wanting him to be late for patrols, which he seemed to be doing a lot lately, she quickly prodded him until he awoke.

"Hmmm... huh.... what?" He murmured as he sat up in his nest groggily.

"Morning, sleepyhead. I had to wake you up so we wouldn't be late for patrols."

"Oh, right, thanks.... so how was the gathering last night?" Hawkfrost said with a yawn as the pair exited the warrior's den to get some fresh kill.

Stormberry reminisced about the events of last night with a grin on her face and heat rising in her fur. She truly couldn't wait until tonight. "Oh, just the usual. Nothing really out of the ordinary happened. But Brambleclaw says hello."

"Ok, cool." The pair sat down to continue eating their meal before patrols began for the day.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The rest of the day went on as planned, and no matter how much Stormberry wanted to combust into flames due to her excitement about what awaited her that night, she kept her feelings hidden for that night she and Brambleclaw would be breaking a few rules of the warrior code by meeting up.

Stormberry went to her nest with the other warriors that night, waiting for the moment that the rest of the camp would be asleep so she could head over to the island to meet up with Brambleclaw.

It felt like an eternity before that long-awaited moment finally arrived. Stormberry looked around to ensure that all the warriors were sound asleep before she silently and slowly snuck out of the warrior's den and into the main part of the camp. Then she carefully stalked towards the back entrance of the camp.

Once she was out of the camp she knew she was home free, she could safely make it to the island on time, as long as she didn't trip over anything on the way.

Stormberry did her best to travel close to something she could hide in, just in case she passed by other cats in her travels. On her way to the island, she did crash into a few bushes and trip over a few tree roots.

The consequences of traveling alone, Stormberry thought as she grew closer to the island, and before she knew it she had arrived.

"Hello? Brambleclaw?" She called out as she glanced around the island.

"Hey, Stormberry." a familiar voice called out, as he emerged from behind a tree.

"So, what do you want to do first?" The shecat inquired.

"How about we hunt on land at first, then you can try showing me how to fish?"

"That sounds wonderful." And with that, the two cats took off into the trees underneath a sky full of sparkling stars.

As the pair walked through the trees they exchanged many stories about how they grew up, battles they've faced, and the adventures each cat had seen on the great journey.

The pair then caught sight of two squirrels sitting near a tree. "So, do Riverclan cats know how to hunt on land? Or....?" Brambleclaw asked.

Stormberry let out a purr of laughter, "Yeah, I think I do it better than the others though, seeing as I had to hunt while I was on my own a while back." She smiled.

"True," Brambleclaw responded with a nod of his head as the pair each pounced on a squire ll.

"Not bad." Brambleclaw meowed with a smile as he admired Stormberry's work.