Filming Day

I had to be up at 8 am to film the music video, but here I was at 3 am munching on a banana in the kitchen.

My nerves were at their peak; I'd never been in front of a camera like this before. To calm my jitters, I scoured the fridge for a snack.

I grabbed a banana, its lonely presence oddly matching my own nervousness.

Sitting down, I checked the latest updates on the LOONA social media accounts before drifting off to sleep.

~~~~~Next Day~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

By 7:30, I'd made it to the filming location. I exchanged greetings with the crew and the director.

Following the manager, I entered a room bathed in bright lights.

Inside, several staff members bustled about, and a lady stood by a massive mirror, an unusual chair before her.

She beckoned me over, striking up a conversation. She introduced herself as the makeup artist and assured me we'd be spending quite some time together.

I smiled nervously, my gaze dropping to the floor. She expertly worked on my hair and makeup.

Once my hair and makeup were done, I was led to the shooting area where I'd initially greeted everyone. This time, there was someone new.

Guided by the manager, I approached this person. As I drew closer, recognition dawned; she was Heejin.

I knew her well, the first LOONA member to debut with the solo track "Vivid."

Her song had been a hit among my classmates and friends.

She informed me that she'd be in the music video alongside me. A surge of shock and excitement coursed through me.

I could hardly believe that a bona fide K-pop star would be sharing the frame with me.

Yet, the realization struck that I was now a K-pop star too. Strengthened by this thought, I mustered my courage and inquired about advice for staying calm on camera.

Her words came with warmth and encouragement:

"Well... nobody nails their first filming experience."

"I remember being super nervous for my debut, but I gave it my all. Over time, I got used to being around the camera."

"My best advice is to find something that soothes you, that keeps you relaxed. It should help you stay 'not nervous' for a while," she said, playfully turning away with a giggle.

Her advice was like a lifeline; I took a deep breath and focused on something that brought me serenity.

In the midst of my contemplation, a peculiar shift occurred. My mind, which had been hunting for that soothing something, changed its course and fixated on someone.

In that moment, the image of Choerry emerged, and my anxiousness strangely dissipated. Instead, my heart began racing wildly. Flustered, I attempted to redirect my thoughts, but before I could regain composure, it was time to start filming.

~14 hours later~

Exhausted and drained, the filming wrapped up. Just as I was about to head home for some well-deserved rest, Heejin appeared and cautioned me against relaxing too soon.

She informed me that there were still two more days of filming ahead.

Although a bit disheartened, I gathered my belongings and departed. After a light meal and a brief nap, I rose, feeling sore from the previous day's exertions. I got dressed and returned to the set.

To my astonishment, the two days of filming seemed to fly by in a blur.

As I readied myself to return home and slip into bed, my excitement waned abruptly. I learned that I was expected to move into the dormitory with the other members.

Feeling weary and slightly irked, I sighed and muttered an "okay." I headed home and began packing the items I'd collected over my years as a child.

With the packing complete, I realized that what I had gathered wasn't as voluminous as I thought. My bags were efficiently packed, and my room lay empty, awaiting my final farewell to my parents and siblings.

Thus began my journey as a K-pop star, marked by my departure from the house I'd called home for sixteen years.

Late into the night, I arrived at the dormitory. I'd assumed that, given the hour, the others would be asleep. However, my assumption was shattered as I saw all of them congregated outside, wearing radiant smiles in anticipation of my arrival.

They flocked to me, bombarding me with questions. Overwhelmed by their friendly energy, I nearly felt lightheaded. One of the members called out to them, and they obediently regrouped, forming a line. One by one, they introduced themselves.

"Hi, I'm Heejin." {You're cute.}

"Hi, I'm Hyunjin." {Hello.}

"Hi, I'm Haseul." {Welcome to the dorm.}

"Hi, I'm Yeojin." {Nice to meet you, Hyeju-unni.}

"Hi, I'm Vivi." {Let me know if you want a snack.}

"I'm Kim Lip." {............}

"Hi, I'm Jinsoul." {You're a cutie.}

"Hi, I'm Choerry." {...Finally.}

"Hi, I'm Yves." {I like your style.}

"Hi, I'm Chuu." {So cute!}

"Hi, I'm Gowon." {I like your bangs.}

I reciprocated their greetings, lifting my gaze to meet their eyes. I recognized some of them, but my shyness compelled me to hide behind my bangs.

With the manager's departure, it was time to settle in. I bade farewell to him and ventured into the dorm.

Haseul led me and offered to give me a tour of the dorm. She began by showing me the room I'd be sharing with the other members. Before leaving, she promised more information in the morning.

With Haseul gone, it was just Yves, Gowon, Chuu, and me. Having met Gowon during the recording, I felt a degree of ease due to her familiar presence.

Once more, I exchanged greetings with the other two. Chuu, ever cheerful, rushed over with an effervescent smile, speaking rapidly in an endearing manner. Yves intervened, playfully pulling Chuu away.

She then directed me to the upper bunk and indicated where I should stow my belongings.

As I settled into my new space, Yves provided more insights into the members and the dynamics of the dorm.

After unpacking and acquainting myself with my surroundings, Yves guided me to the bathroom. As I brushed my teeth, I engaged in more conversation with the members before we all retired for the night.

In the quiet dorm, everyone else was asleep. Yet, sleep eluded me. I closed my eyes, contemplating the life of an idol that lay ahead. Emotions of uncertainty and excitement intermingled, leaving me with a sense of ambiguity.

I brushed away my hesitations, urging myself to be joyful and give my all now that I was here. With that thought in mind, I finally closed my eyes, attempting to fall asleep. However, Choerry's image played in my mind, a calming presence amidst the chaos of my thoughts.

As thoughts of her eased my restlessness, I couldn't quite fathom why. But one thing was certain: I didn't