PROLOGUE.

My head hurts from the overtime work I did last night. Pati buong katawan ko masakit. Opening a new branch is indeed tiring.

"Strawberry Frappuccino for Ms. Nathalie!" the girl in the counter called.

Lumapit ako upang kuhanin ang order ko when a kid grabbed a few strands of my hair. A cute young girl that looks like she's around 3 or 4 years old.

"Oh, sorry miss!" the woman who looked like her mom apologized atsaka tinulungan akong tanggalin and pagkakahawak ng bata sa aking buhok.

"Let's wait for Dada Mavi here, okay?" the woman whispered on the kid bago umupo sa isa sa mga table sa café.

It felt nostalgic when I heard what the woman said. It's been too long since I heard that.

I shrugged the thought out of my mind atsaka dumaretso na papunta sa store ko. My hands are too full to even think of unnecessary things.

"Good morning, Maam Nathalie!" bati sa akin ng mga employees. I greeted them back as I entered the store.

I sat on my swivel chair at saka tiningnan ang documents na nakahilera sa table ko. I know I've been slacking off, but these piled works surely made me wanna straighten my ways in life. Hinding hindi na ako mag a-AWOL.

I had a lot of work to do lalo na at nag open ako ng new branch. Ang naiwan ko na branch sa Cebu, will just be a secondary one. Itong newly opened branch dito sa Makati ang magiging main branch. Since I will be helping my dad with his business, I would be staying here in Makati for good.

Although umuuwi naman ako dito sa Makati every once in a while, specially kapag may mga occasions, I've never stayed here for so long. It's been 6 years, I guess.

I wanted to be in Cebu since dun ang hometown ng late mother ko. I just wanna know what kind of environment she lived in. Doon ako tumira sa bahay ng grandparents ko along with my other relatives.

Making your own name in fashion industry without connections is near impossible. That's why I could hold my head high and be proud of my achievements. Within those years, it paid off. Well, I'm not that well known but at least my shop's been receiving lots of attention lately.

"Ali! I've been calling you. Bakit di mo sinasagot?"

Nabalik ako sa reyalidad nang makita ko ang mukha ng matalik kong kaibigan na kakapasok lang sa opisina ko.

"Sorry. I've been reviewing these paperworks kasi for the Cebu branch. Naka silent yata phone ko." I made excuses.

"Chill out, Ali. You can think of that later. It's the opening of your branch here. Nasa labas sila Kael at Axel." Jane said while pointing at the door.

I nodded at saka sumunod sa kanya.

I greeted my best friends. Apparently, they're here to 'criticize' my works daw. But in the end, they helped me in accommodating some of my visitors and my frequent buyers.

After the opening, the four of us decided to go on a bar. They all insisted na I should be celebrating. And since I'll still be working tomorrow, I should drink moderately. Of course, Jane would be taking care of us when we become wasted, but I don't wanna have a hangover while working tomorrow. I still have lot of paperworks to worry dahil meron akong naiwang project sa Cebu.

"Are you gonna drink?" I asked Jane habang inaabot ang bote ng alak. Before she could even answer, the two boys gave her a glass of tequilla.

"Sis, magte-trenta ka 'na. Kapag si Zarielle umiinom ka, pag kami, aayaw ka?" Patampong sabi ni Axel sa kanya.

"Wala Jane. Nagbago ka na. Hindi ka na naming kilala." Kael uttered habang umiiling-iling na kunwari ay disappointed siya.

Jane had no choice but to drink the glass of liquor in her hand. We then all cheered. Ever since we were in high school, napaka bait na bat ana talaga niyang si Jane. While me and Kael always did impudent things. Axel is an easy going guy. Makiki-join sya sa mga kalokohan naming if it won't affect his studies. Jane is the type of girl who moderates us. She's like our mom.

She's been in the bar with us countless times, pero bihira lang s'ya uminom. I've only seen her drink wine. That's why seeing her drink hyped the three of us. But of course, she will not get drunk. She knows she has to take care of us after all.

Kael dragged me towards the dance floor. Nagpadala nalang din ako since hila hila na niya ako. Maybe I'll just enjoy this night. Bahala na bukas.

"Dance, Ali! Enjoy the night!" Kael yelled while dancing to the beat.

Everyone inside the bar was starting to get wild and hyped as the DJ changed the music into a much livelier one. I smirked and danced along with Kael. Soon, bigla na s'ya nawala sa paningin ko. Baka napalibutan na ng mga babae.

Hindi ko na inintindi ang mga kaibigan. Malalaki na sila. I'll just enjoy tonight just like what they said.

I found myself dancing with this man in front of me. At first, he was just dancing to the beat, looking harmless. Soon after, he was already getting touchy with me. I couldn't care less. I was enjoying the dance and the glass of alcohol in my hand. When the guy tried to grab my ass, I immediately shook his hand at saka umalis sa dancefloor.

It's been so long since I last drank alcohol. Medyo tinatamaan na yata ako.

I decided to go outside the bar to get a smoke. It'll help me calm and sober myself up.

It was dark outside. The light bulb above the place isn't working. The only thing that lits the place was the moon and stars across the sky.

I sat on the bench to rest my legs. I shouldn't have worn heels.

"Yes. I am about to go home anyway." A man appeared out of nowhere.

I don't know what got into me but I tried to hide. Siniksik ko ang sarili ko sa ilalim ng bench na inuupuan ko.

But I guess, I am always unlucky when it comes to these situations. My lighter fell on the garbage bin, making a loud noise.

"Tell baby Kira I'll be home late. She should sleep first without me. I'll hang up now,"

I stayed under the bench, waiting for the man to go on his own way. Also praying na sana hindi nya narinig ang nalaglag ko na lighter.

A few good minutes have passed at mukhang wala na naman ang lalaki. I slowly let myself out of the cramped place I hid myself in.

"Why did I even hide?" I muttered to myself while tidying up my dress.

"Right. It's pointless anyway." A guy from behind me replied making me jump in surprise.

What happened next was fast. I don't know if fate is playing with me. The light bulb suddenly worked, making me see the face of the man who now is in front of me.

"Oh." He seems like in dazed. "You still haven't changed. You still like listening to other people's conversations, don't you?" he smirked.

Before I could even answer, He has already left the place. Leaving me dumbfounded.

I looked at the box of cigarettes in my hand. I guess I don't this to sober myself up. That encounter was more than enough. After a few minutes, naisipan ko nang pumasok sa loob ng bar. My friends would be worried kapag napansin nilang nawawala ako. But before I entered the place, a thought has filled my mind.

That's how our story started though.