𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐄𝐋𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐍 : 𝐂𝐀𝐋𝐋𝐈𝐄?

"god stood me up and i don't know why

"god stood me up and i don't know why."

★・・・・・・★

Max keeps calling the Byers' house phone every day in hopes of Amber answering. And today was one of those days.

"Max?" Joyce's voice said through the phone.

"Hi, Mrs. Byers. Just seeing if anything has changed since yesterday."

"Sweetie, we're still at the same place as two weeks ago, when she went missing. We've called the police, but because California's such a big state, they won't look for her. They think she just ran away."

"That's stupid."

"I agree. Look, I gotta go. I'll call you if anything happens."

"Okay. Thank you, Mrs. Byers."

They hung up the phone. Max leaned her forehead against the phone, letting a few tears escape. She didn't know where Amber was or what was happening to her, but she hoped she was safe.

-

"The girl. Is she awake yet?"
"Yes, sir."

He walked to her room, ready to talk to her. He opened her door, seeing her pacing in her room.

"Good morning, Sixteen."

"My name isn't Sixteen!" she shouted. "My name is Amber Wilson! Doesn't matter if you tattoo it on my skin, which you already did, but I'll never be Sixteen!"

"Okay, Amber. Would you like to know why we have you here?"

"Yes! You kidnapped me! And I thought you were dead! I mean, I saw you die!"

"You're a feisty one, Ms. Wilson. But, anyway, we have you here because we know about your powers."

"So you want to make me a weapon?"

"Not exactly. We want to see how strong your powers are and possibly improve them."

"What? No! No way!"

"If you don't, we will get your little girlfriend, Maxine. Don't want her to be hurt, yeah?"

Amber started walking towards him and they left her room together. They went into a room with other children, ages five to maybe seventeen, and he called Fourteen forward.

She came forward. She looked like El. Shaved head, hospital gown, but tattooed as "014".

"Sixteen-"
"Amber."

"Amber, this is Fourteen. Fourteen, this is Sixteen."

Amber rolled her eyes and got a good look at Fourteen. She quickly realized that it was her little sister.

"Callie?"

"My name is Fourteen," she said. "I don't know who Callie is."

"You're right, Fourteen. We don't know a Callie."

"You're fucking insane," she spat. "That's my little sister, Callie! When did you kidnap her? When I was with my friends? When my parents were dead? When my sister was dead? You're fucking insane! Callie, please, you're not Fourteen. You're Callie, Callie Marie Wilson. Please."

"I'm Fourteen. I'm sorry, Sixteen. I don't know who Callie is."

"You're ten years old. She's ten years old! You're crazy!"

The man shushed Amber and she did as told.

"Amber, you and Fourteen here will be using your powers on each other to see how much Fourteen's powers have improved and to see how strong your powers are currently."

"No! I'm not fighting my little sister! I could hurt her and I'm not doing that!"

He looked back over to the other men in the corner. They grabbed Amber's arms and started dragging her somewhere.

"No! Let me go! Fuck! Let me go! You're insane, you hear me?! Let my sister go!"

They eventually got to a room and threw her in there. She tried getting up and getting out, but she was too slow. They closed the door and locked it.

"No! Please! Let me out! Please. Please," Amber said in tears.

She just accepted that she wasn't getting out. She accepted that this was going to be her life from now on. But she knew everyone would look for her.

She just hoped they'd hurry.