𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐇𝐑𝐄𝐄 : 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐏𝐎𝐋𝐋𝐘𝐖𝐎𝐆

"i work hard every day of my life

"i work hard every day of my life. i work 'til i ache my bones."

★・・・・・・★

After Amber went home, she screamed into her pillow. She couldn't believe it. She had a crush on a girl that she's known for two days. It's unimaginable.

There was a knock on her door as Kristen said,
"Hey, Amber. Mom and Dad are at the airport. I'm gonna go pick them up. You wanna come?" 

"No, I'm good," she declined. "Thanks, though."

"Oh. Alright."

Kristen closed the door as Amber screamed more into her pillow, then fell fast asleep.

-

Amber woke up with her voice scratchy. She got ready for school and surprisingly, Kristen drove her to school. She got out of the car and saw Max there.

"Hey, Max," she lightly smiled.

"Oh, hey, Amber."

"Can... can we talk?" Amber said.

After she said that, the bell rung. "After class?"

"Oh, yeah, sure," they walked to class together.

"What's wrong with Will?" Max asked.

"Well, it's kind of a long story," Amber talked and told her parts, without mentioning the Demogorgon or the Upside Down.

"I still don't get why they call him zombie boy," she admitted. "I mean, I get it. He got lost in the woods for a week or something, but, why is he a zombie? Because everyone thought he was dead?"

"I mean, yeah. We had a funeral for him and everything."

"After a week?"

"Well see, some other kid drowned in the quarry. And everyone thought it was Will cause the body was super decomposed."

"What? Okay, that's not funny."

"It's not a joke, alright? It's public knowledge. You can ask anybody. Except Will, because he is super sensitive about it. All right?"

Max nodded and said, "Okay."

They then walked to class and learned something that Amber didn't care much about.