𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐖𝐎 : 𝐕𝐄𝐂𝐍𝐀'𝐒 𝐂𝐔𝐑𝐒𝐄

"i've been having a hard time adjusting

"i've been having a hard time adjusting. i had the shiniest wheels now they're rusting."

★・・・・・・★

Amber walked into Family Video, just missing the end of Robin and Steve's conversation.

Normally on Saturdays, Amber would work from 10 to 5. Amber mostly thought that Keith hired her because he felt bad because of her sister. Sometimes she just wouldn't come in and Steve and Robin understood that because Amber's had such a hard year. Surprisingly, she had come in today.

"Oh, hey, Amber," Robin said as she saw the younger girl walk in.

"Hey, Robin," she smiled lightly.

"Can you tell Steve that Julie Christie is so hot in Doctor Zhivago?"

"Let me think. No," she said to the older girl as she turned the TV on and it immediately went to the news.

"We're in Forest Hills trailer park in east Roane County," the news reporter said.

"Wait, Forest Hills trailer park?" Steve said. "Isn't that where Max lives?"

"Don't know," Amber said quickly. "Don't care."

"We don't have a lot of details now, but we can confirm that the body of a Hawkins High student was discovered early this morning. Police have not released the victim's name..."

"Holy shit."

"...although we are told they're currently in the process of notifying the family."

-

"Hey, Steve," Dustin said as he and Max walked in.

"You guys see this?" Steve asked the two.

"How many phones do you have?" Dustin asked.

"Someone was murdered," Steve stated the obvious.

"How many phones do you have?" Dustin asked again.

"Two. Why?" he responded.

"Technically three, if you count Keith's in the back," Robin said

"Yeah, three works," Max said as she tried to avoid eye contact with Amber.

"What are you doing?" Steve asked as Dustin threw his bag over the counter. "Whoa! What are you—" And then Dustin jumped over the counter.