𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐒𝐈𝐗 : 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐒𝐏𝐘

"am i dreaming?"

"am i dreaming?"

★・・・・・・★

Driving to Dustin's place was quiet, the only sound being "Hammer to Fall" by Queen on the radio until Steve spoke up.

"Wait a sec, how big?" he asked again.

"First he was like that," Dustin spoke as he used hand measurements. "Now he's like this."

"I swear to God, man, it's just some little lizard, okay?"

"It's not a lizard!"

"How do you know?"

"How do I know if it's not?"

"How do you know it's just not a lizard?"

"Cause his face opened up and he ate my cat!" Dustin shouted.

Amber's mouth dropped as Dustin said that.

"He ate Mews?" Amber asked. She was fond of the cat, so hearing that news hurt her heart a little.

"No," he denied quickly. "Another cat, I didn't mean my cat. From the street. I saw it." Amber somehow believed him.

They got out of the car and Steve opened the trunk to get the bat with nails. They walked to the cellar and Steve said, "I don't hear shit."

"He's in there."

"Are you sure, Dustin?" Amber asked.

Steve banged on the cellar with the bat a couple of times and heard nothing. Steve shined the light on Dustin and Amber's faces as he said, "All right, listen, kids. I swear, if this is some sort of Halloween prank, you're dead."

"It's not."

"All right?"

"It's not a prank.

"Get it out of our faces."

"You got a key for this thing?"

Steve opened the cellar and took the flashlight from Dustin's hand.

"He must be further down there. We'll stay up here in case he tries to escape," Dustin said as Steve looked at them and sighed as he went down.

"So, when were you going to tell us that you had Dart?" Amber asked.

"I didn't keep him," Dustin lied. "I saw him from across the street."