Part-12

We got to our history class. I take my usual seat by the window and save my front seat for Care.

I was getting my notepad when Stefan and Elena came together in class, some students started whispering.

Caroline came and took her seat, telling me what she saw on the way about the duo literary eye-fucking each other.

I remembered the scene and shrugged.

Classes ended so we got to the mystic grill as Care started the topic : His name is Stefan Salvatore. He lives with his uncle up at the old Salvatore Boarding House. He hasn’t lived here since he was a kid. Military family, so they moved around a lot. He’s a Gemini, and his favorite color is blue.

“You got all of that in one day?” Ty asks the the preppy blonde.

“Oh, please, I got all that between third and fourth period. I gotta know the vampires in this town.” She sips her red drink.

“So when’s his birthday? May or June?” I ask.

“It’s November 1st, Bonnie.” Care says carelessly. 

“So how’s he Gemini?  He’s a Scorpio then. Even you getting some wrong info huh, hun?” I say smirking.

“So, Elena likes him.” Tyler changed the subject.

“It’s a doppelganger thing.” I shrugged as I explained further about Silas, Qetsiyah and Amara. Silas was engaged to a beautiful young lady named Qetsiyah, who was one of the most powerful witches in history and was also his best friend since childhood. Silas told Qetsiyah that he loved her and wanted to spend an eternity with her. Qetsiyah ended up creating the spell of immortality out of love for him, believing that Silas loved her as well and had intended to share the gift of immortality with her when they were to be married.

But Silas had other plans.

He was in love with a girl named Amara who was the personal handmaiden of Qetsiyah. He was a powerful witch himself but apparently not enough to create the immortality spell himself, so he decided to deceive his fiancé into crating it for his lover and himself. In the end Silas became one of the world’s first immortal beings along with his true love and soulmate, Amara, the oldest known ancestor of the Petrova family. They nod their heads.

But don’t think it’s the end. When she was waiting at the wedding alter for Silas everything around Qetsiyah started to die, which indicated that Silas had betrayed her and that he was drinking the immortality elixir somewhere else. It was at this time that Silas and Amara had consumed the immortality elixir and had become the world’s very first immortal beings. Feeling betrayed Qetsiyah then tracked Silas down and discovered Silas and Amara, her own handmaiden, together. Qetsiyah was strongly enraged and deeply hurt so out of revenge, Qetsiyah created a Cure for Immortality, found Amara, petrified her and faked her death. Qetsiyah had faked Amara’s death by saying that she had slit her throat and cut out her heart. Then she offered the cure to Silas and told him to take it and live as a mortal with her but he refused so she incapacitated him with the use of her magic.

Qetsiyah then lured and imprisoned Silas with the cure for immortality on a desolate Island deep in an underground cave. Silas had two choices: take the cure, die a mortal death and be with Qetsiyah for eternity on The Other Side or rot, starve and desiccate to fossilization as an immortal in darkness for eternity. Qetsiyah had hoped that Silas would take the cure, die and join her on The Other Side, a purgatory for all supernatural beings (including vampires, werewolves, witches, doppelgängers, Original Vampires, etc) that she created in order to spend eternity with him. However, Silas, being the brilliant and intelligent person he is, knew that this was her intention and therefore, he chose to desiccate and starve in darkness forever instead, both out of love and loyalty to Amara and out of spite, anger and revenge against Qetsiyah.

For two millenniums, Silas had lain buried, awaiting the day when someone would find him and free him from his tomb.

So Qetsiyah had her underlings known as travelers form a group called ‘the five’ of supernaturally gifted Vampire Hunters, who’s mission is to cure and kill the very first immortal, Silas.

On the other hand all the supernatural beings that go to the Other Side has to pass through Amara. Its was her punishment for betraying her master. She has to go through all the pain the supernatural beings suffered during their death. No matter what Qetsiyah is damn vengeful person, I love her.

“Woah, you should write a novel bonbon.” Tyler said in awe.

“It’s history, dumbass not merely a story!” I said amused. For now you only need to know that Stefan is Silas's and Elena is Amara's doppelgängers, and are attracted to each other for a doppelgängers curse. Everything else we’ll talk about it later.