Part-24

I woke up the next morning with sunrays hitting my face. I sit up stretching and see a note directing me to the kitchen. A set of green eggs and ham 'wiches and coffee was waiting for me. Aww, Care can make simple breakfasts now. I taught her good.

After finishing my food, I wash up and change into some casual clothes before I dive right into Emily's grimoire. She has all types of spell, no wonder she was so powerful. If women in those era were less stifled then her power would've blossomed beyond recognition. Such a pity.

After going through it like seven minutes I'm fascinated by all this knowledge. I want to try it. I began gathering the ingredients for one of the simple ones when a sudden bout of air comes out of nowhere and fluttered the pages I was working on. I go to pull the book away when an sudden presence behind me startles me. My grip tightens as I look behind myself only to see a amused Emily staring at me.

"Hello great granddaughter, apologies for startling you. I was on this side in the morning when I saw a interesting thing in your possession. My grimoire. It will be of great help in your development. I saw you eager to try on spells from it, so I couldn't stop myself. May I suggest this one." Emily ardently suggested.

I finally see what she's on about, it's a blood changing spell. It changes your blood properties with that of an offered ingredients. While it will not hinder any of my body functions but on the other hand if I replace the offered ingredient as vervain any vampire who taste my blood will wither in pain.

"Handy spell as always, Emily."

"How do you think Katherine never tried to have my blood to curve her cravings?" Emily says smirking.

"But if I want some vampire to have my blood and don't have any alternatives or time, what should I do? Then wouldn't it become a hindrance?" I asked troubled.

"Don't worry granddaughter, if needed a minor blood purification spell will do just fine for the time being, if you want to fully clear the spell out of your system a major blood purification spell will be needed. The spells are all there. No problem will arise from my spells child. You can rest assured." Emily said kindly.

I take four stalks of vervain and wolfsbane each from my garden for the spell. Better safe than sorry. I place my candles in the center of the room and hold the herbs above them and start chanting. They starts shimmering. Their smoke started permeating the air, as I inhale the smoke I feel them entering my body, my lungs are on fire. Soon after they give off a soothing effect, like I'm in a flower garden watching the sunset in a tranquil evening. After opening my eyes there isn't a hint of smoke anymore, like there was none to begin with.

I was analysing the other spells when a call distracted me from them. Slater is calling. He's coming for this months daylight rings orders. In these months we bonded, now he's like my business manager. He takes care of everything from taking orders to making contacts, managing my real estate properties to my money. He really became a asset to me.

I go ahead and pack the rings when Emily couldn't help but ask. "why do you make those rings granddaughter? I was forced to make them. But you make them by choice. Why help the nightly creatures? You don't even know when they'll turn against you!"

"That's where you're mistaken Emily. While I also do it for the money it's not the only reason I'm doing this. I took into consideration that one or multiple one of them might double-cross me in the future, so I added my special touch in those rings. They are not just simple daylight rings Emily, they are also known as Rings of Obedience. They are the upgraded version meaning they are quicker and more powerful. Within a month of wearing these rings they'll start to be unconsciously loyal to me. It will be their first instinct to be considerate of me, be thankful to me, in the end their loyalty to me will become absolute. Nobody can make them believe otherwise." I state making her stunned on the spot.

I sent off the packages with Slater. He informed me that the house deal in Bahamas was finalized yesterday and the other housing details of other states were sent to me, I should check it and confirm which ones to get. He will take care of other things.

"What are you going to do with all those residences, granddaughter? Buying and maintaining all those households will take a significant amount of money. Why waste so much? You can't even enjoy all of it." Emily advised me. "I plan on leaving mystic falls Emily. After graduation I want to go to Harvard to study. After that roam the world. I don't want to be bounded to a small town forever Emily. No offense to anyone who wants to. But its not for me. I'm a free bird, I don't want to be caged." I state honestly.

"But your roots are here granddaughter, your home, ancestry, blood relatives, friends all are here. How can you leave them? You're being heartless Bonnie." Emily said.

"Yes Emily my roots are here and I'm not saying I will never come back. I will. If this place ever truly is in need of me I will come back if not I'll visit from time to time. As for my relatives, my mother left me long ago, dad's always on the move. Grams is the only one and I'm not planning on leaving her to stay here alone. Either she'll accompany me or she will live somewhere else. But not here. As for my friends they all have their own destiny, if they want to they can come with me." I said smiling.