Part-14

I woke up, took a shower, got ready for school then woke Carebear up. I told her to get ready while I start making breakfast.

Our dresses were :

-Mine

 -Caroline's

-Caroline's

We got in class

We got in class. Tanner is as usual being his prickly self.

Tanner asked - the battle of willow creek took place at the end of the war in our very own mystic falls. How many casualties were in this battle? Miss Bennett?

I thought let’s stick to the cannon for this. No need to get out of the way and answer his stupid mystic falls history anyway. 

“Um…a lot? I’m not sure. Like a whole lot.” I looked from my doodling.

“Cute becomes dumb in an instant, Ms. Bennett. Mr. Donovan? Would you like to take this opportunity to overcome your embedded jock stereotype?”

I fight the urge to slam my hand onto the table. Some of the kids look back at me, as if to see if I’ll crack.

“It’s okay, Mr. Tanner, I’m cool with it.” He smiles and people snicker again.

“Hmm. Elena? Surely you can enlighten us about one of the town’s most significantly historical events?”

“I’m sorry, I—I don’t know.” She keeps her head up.

“I was willing to be lenient last year for obvious reasons, Elena. But the personal excuses ended with summer break.” I stand up. My chair makes a screech as it hits the wall behind it.

“There were 340-345 casualties” I answer even though I don’t want to. He really knows how to grate on someone’s nerves.

“Thank you miss Bennett, though you decided to grace us with an actual answer it’s not totally accurate” tanner said smugly.

“Actually sir there were 346 casualties. Unless you’re counting local civilians.” Stefan answers. Tanner straightens up and clears his throat.

“That’s correct. Mister…?”

“Salvatore.”

“Salvatore. Any relation to the original settlers here at Mystic Falls?” He was one.

“Distant.” He answers hesitantly. If only I could see the look on his face.

“Well, very good. Except, of course, there were no civilian casualties in this battle.”

“Actually, there were 27, sir. Confederate soldiers, they fired on the church, believing it to be housing weapons. They were wrong. It was a night of great loss. The founder’s archives are, uh, stored in civil hall if you’d like to brush up on your facts, Mr. Tanner.” What a beat down.

Now he’s shutting up? I really want to set his pant on fire or chock him with his own bullshit words. But I can’t. I hope Tanner’s death comes even faster cuz he needs to go.