Chapter 9

A P R I L

Today was race wars.I was participating in it so I was pretty excited.It was in a far away desert.It was going to be pretty hot so I threw on my river island burgandy Cali print cropped t-shirt,with my river island light acid wash denim shorts,and my almond toe lace up combat boots.My makeup was like it is always.My hair was in there natural curls.My nails were burgandy and black and the only jelwery I wore were my bracelet stacks.Except these were different then the ones I usually wear.Dom and Mia left before I did because I woke up late.

I rolled up in my 1965 mustang and parked it.I saw everyone staring at me when I closed the door to my car.I was wearing my classic gold aviator glasses.Everyone was admiring their or other peoples car/engine.I looked over and I saw Ricky.

"Hey baby doll!" He said as he walked over to me. "I have't seen you in forever."

"Yeah I know!" I smiled and gave him a hug.

"Whatcha been up to lately?" he asked.

"Fixing cars,ya know the usual." I said.

"Damn,you look good in shorts." he said. 

"Thanks Ricky." I smiled. I looked over and saw Dom and Mia. "I gotta go,but I'll see you on the track." 

"You gonna be racing?" he asked.

"Yeah,you?"

"Hell yeah shorty." he said.

I smiled and left.I walked towards Dom. "Hey Dom." 

"You ready for race wars?" he asked. 

"Hell yeah." I smiled.

"Good cause you're next." he gave me a fat stack of money.I went in my car and drove to the start.

"You know baby,I've always been a better racer then you." Ricky said through the window.

"You know,I've always been a better drifter then you." I smiled.

"Alright let's see." he said.

I started my engine and waited for the guy to say go.

"Go!" he said and I put my car in drive.I moved my stick shift to 2nd quickly and pressed the pedal.He was only about a couple inches in front of me but I shifted to 4th and hit the NOS button.It was an easy win.I knew Ricky's car secrets but he didn't know mine.

I drove back and parked my car right where it was.I saw Brian walking with Jesse and Jesse racing towards his car. I jogged towards Brian.

"Uh where's Jesse going?" I asked.

"Gonna race." Brian responded.

"With what money?"

"A pink slip." he said.

"Shit." I said as I ran towards Jesse's car.He was at the start line with the other guys 2000 honda.Leon got out and Jesse got in. "Jesse you can't give up your dad's car." 

"I already had this talk with Brian." Jesse said.I looked over and saw the guy Jesse was racing roll down his window.Johnny Tran. 

"Jesse,this guy is bad news,he'll win.I know it,don't race him." I said to him. 

"Listen to April,man.I bet he has more then 100 grand under the hood of that car." Brian backed me up.Jesse didn't pay attention though.The guy told them to go and Brian pulled me away from the car before my head was cut off.Jesse was in the lead for a little bit but he pressed NOS way to soon.Then Johnny was going ahead of him...making Jesse lose.Jesse didn't turn back he just kept going.

I ran towards Dom. "Dom,it's Jesse." I pointed out and he saw Jesse leaving.

"Where is Jesse going?" he asked.

"Just raced Johnny Tran,bet his car." I explained.

"Shit." Dom said scratching his forehead.Johnny then drove back and got out of his car.

"Where's he going?" Johnny asked getting out of his car.

"Went to the car wash." Dom lied.

"Whatever go fetch my car." Johnny commanded.

"Go fetch your car?" Dom asked.

"We're not on your block anymore you better watch who you talk like that?" I said getting in his face then walking off with Dom.

"Toretto! Toretto!" Johnny screamed.We looked back to face Johnny. "Swat came into my house.Disrespected my whole family because somebody knocked me out!!! And you know what it was your little side kicks or you!" 

When Johnny said that I lost it.I pushed Dom out of the way and I punched this guy in the face.Johnny fell on the floor and Brian held me back. "You want to disrespect me fine asshole! If you disrespect my brother I'll do more then knock you the fuck out!" 

"Stupid bitch!" he said.Dom got on top of him and started punching him on the floor repeatedly.Security tried to get him away.Brian let me go and I saw Lance was about to go attack Dom but I punched him in the face,and when he was on the floor I kicked him in the nose.I saw Dom being held back by Vince.

"I never knocked on noboby! Don't ever disrespect my sister like that again! Ever!" Dom said.Dom pushed Vince off and left.