21 - Amelia

"You did another one of her ridiculous tasks? Why?" I demanded. Lauren had just told me she taught the dance team a routine that Kiki had given her.

"Well, there's really no harm in a dance routine, right?" she responded.

Boy, was she wrong. The next day, a practice video had gotten out and everyone started going crazy. Apparently the choreography belonged to a former Moon Peak student who had passed away due to unexpected, mysterious circumstances.

"I can't believe it," Lauren cried, on the way to school. "This Kiki girl played me. Everything she tells me to do gets me in trouble."

"Do you have any other guesses to who it could be?"

"No idea. Maybe some of the girls who were inside the locker room before me" was her response.

"And who were they?" I questioned.

Lauren took a minute to think. "Rosa, Georgina, Eulalia, and Gracie."

"Eulalia Johanssen? She's one of Livi's close friends. Maybe they're in it together."

"Oh, that makes sense. Kind of. I thought it was weird that Eulalia gave me looks all the time..."

"Okay, listen," I said, when we arrived outside of school. "If anyone tries to talk to you about anything or they're mad at you, ignore them. Tell them to talk to me or something."

Lauren sighed. "You don't have to defend me all the time, you know."

"Fine. Good luck." I stomped away. But I didn't get far until I started to feel pain in my stomach and my head.

I stopped and fell to the ground. The last thing I heard was someone calling out my name.