25 - Amelia

"Oh, that's not going to be a problem. You can talk to Sadie," I said, pointing to the dark haired girl. "Before Science. She's in your class."

Lauren sighed. "I don't want to do these tasks anymore though."

I clapped my hands together. "Yes, finally you've seen the light! Okay, I'm going to give us a task. Find out who this Kiki girl is."

"I'm in." Lauren smiled genuinely for the first time in a while.

That weekend, we gathered everyone to Shakelicious to discuss. Lauren and I had just given a detailed explanation and we all began to think of possibilities.

"Something's up with Livi for sure," Esme commented. "She's not the type to just magically become nice to someone."

"Well, it could be any member of the dance team," Sasha contributed.

At that moment, the shop door jingled and Emmie from the dance team walked in. She took one look at us but her eyes paused on Lauren for a bit.

"Hey Lauren," she said. Lauren waved at her and then headed to the counter to make her shake.

Hmm...

"Hey!" Noah suddenly called out. We all turned to look at him, even Emmie. "What about one of the dance coaches?"

I smirked at him. "You really think Mr. Smith or Mrs. Lafire are Kiki Clarkson?"

At the mention of Kiki's name, Emmie's head swiveled around. "Who's Kiki? Does she go to Moon Peak?"

"Oh...um." Lauren bit her lip. "She's... a friend, I guess. Yeah, apparently she goes to our school. I don't know."

"She's your friend, Lauren." Sasha glared at Lauren, clearly signaling her to pretend she knew Kiki well. "Of course you know. Haha."

"Okay," Emmie grinned, drinking her milkshake. "I have to go now but see you all at school! Bye Spencer!" She flung the door open and walked out. We all looked at Spencer.

"Why did she say bye to you specifically?" demanded Noah.

"I really don't know," he said, as he held his hands out in a "surrender" pose.