Interview With Shoutouttodiversity

She was quite humorous and I liked her for that

She was quite humorous and I liked her for that. It made the interview flow well. She added just the right amount of spice to each of her answers. She's Shoutouttodiversity. Also known as Anaya. I personally love the sound and the feeling it gives me... Anaya 😌. Pretty name for a pretty lady.

I feel like I'm ranting too much so let dive into the interview.

Interviewer:
What was the first book that made you cry and what was it about?

Anaya:
Ah, this is embarrassing. It was basically a really old classic called 'the mayor of Casterbridge' where this old man sold his wife and daughter, spends his whole life trying to make amends, but dies before his daughter ever knew all he did to redeem himself and he never knew she forgave him.

Interviewer:
Wow.
*wipes tears*. That's one touching story.

Anaya:
I know.

Interviewer:
Does writing energize you or exhaust you?

Anaya:
It depends. There are some scenes I look forward to writing and they en I get to them but I HATE writing the 'filler' scenes. Recently, I just leave them in the fridge while I look for inspiration, not very effective, but it's what I have.

Interviewer:
Haha. I love your sense of humour. That means it mostly depends on what you are about to write on.

Anaya:
Thank you.

Interviewer:
If you could tell your younger writing self anything, what would it be?

Anaya:
To just take it slowly. One step at a time. Criticism will be your best friend so try taking a point from any and everyone no matter how harshly they put it. Lastly, the journey is always the most important. Never the destination.

Interviewer:
Well said, well said. How do you deal with negative book reviews?

Anaya:
I always tell myself that the negative ones are the good ones. You can never learn from the fluffy ones. The negative ones sting, but they help you grow eventually.

Interviewer:
It's the truth. Though it might sound absurd, it's still the fact. The bitter truths help you grow and moulds you.
What does the word writer's block mean to you?

Anaya:
Arrghhh, it means pain. It means going nowhere. It means watching too many episodes of an anime I've already watched just for inspiration. Please, any inspiration . I'm actually in the middle of one as we speak. Stress. It's stress.

Interviewer:
Aww, and how are you handling that? Hope you are starting to get some inspiration. writer's block can be frustrating as hell especially the major ones. Your head feels like it has suddenly lost its function and purpose and it makes you feel useless at the moment. You mentioned watching anime, does that help? I have never tried doing that.

Anaya:
Yeah, anime has always helped me. I love the way anime series tells their stories. However, I feel like it is kind of holding me back because it's hard to rewatch episodes upon episodes of my favourite anime series only for inspiration sake. Finding inspiration is definitely something I need to work on.

Interviewer:
Yes. Try something different. Why not connect with nature or things around you instead. I believe that's the best way to source your inspiration especially when you are writing a story that you are presenting realistically.

Anaya:
I usually feel, especially for the story I'm writing, that connecting with my culture helps, since it's based on my culture a lot.

Interviewer:
You can start by observing your surroundings. But never try to force it. You can always take a short break from anything that has to do with writing. Clear your mind and head and get maximum rest. Hydrate your body then when you feel at rest, you can pick up the pen again and see if you've got anything.
It was nice getting to interview such an amazing author like yourself. Keep up the good work and never relent. Do have a great day and stay safe.

Anaya:
Yes, I think writer's block is just another name for burnout, so yes...take care of yourself! Thanks so much for giving me this opportunity.

Interviewer:
You're welcome, my witty author.😻

Anaya:
❤❤❤

So what do you guys think about her response? For me, it was on fire 🔥🔥🔥🔥. Keep shinning, Shoutouttodiversity. A million kisses 😘😘😘😂😂😂

Please, guys, go check out her book, drop some votes and blow up her notification with wonderful comments and constructive criticism.

Her book: Hear the Whispers Sing

Please show this deserving author some love

Please show this deserving author some love. And follow her. She's a darling.😊🥰😊
Stay blessed
Ciao ciao👋👋👋