Interview With Eddy622

She's one of a kind

She's one of a kind. A one of a kind writer. A one of a kind Edidiong. One of a kind artist. She's Eddy622 also known as the extraordinary eddy (by me😹😻). The interview, in short, was the bomb.

See for yourselves...

Interviewer:
Tell us a little bit about yourself.

Eddy:
Hi. I'm Edidiong with the pen name Eddy. Most people know me as Blessing. There's nothing much about myself, just a 5ft8 university student that loves to draw, read and write fiction.

Interviewer:
You seem like a fantastic individual. I love you already.

Eddy:
Aww, thank you. I love you too.

Interviewer:
You are welcome. I must admit that you are deep into writing for you to have written two great books and one ongoing book.
Throughout your journey writing, is there anything you find particularly challenging?

Eddy:
Yeah... Sometimes during the middle of each story, I usually lose interest. Not writer's block because I know what to write next, just interest completely. So I try not to go back to that ongoing work for a while till I find my motivation again.

Interviewer:
What are the things that motivate you to continue writing an ongoing book after losing interest?

Eddy:
Comments, messages from some readers through DMs, sometimes reading some parts I like from the story plot boost me to continue.

Interviewer:
Things like that sure do motivate writers. Who are your favourite authors?

Eddy:
Is it bad that I don't have one? I just read whatever books I see. But off Wattpad, I like the RL Stine (I hope I slept his name right). He usually writes those goosebumps novels. There are still many paperback authors I like but can't remember their names.

Interviewer:
It's not bad at all. It's just showing you're different.
How come I don't know him. For me, it had always been the likes of Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie, Chinwe Achebe and other prominent Nigerian authors. Let's not dive much into that aspect.

Eddy:
Funny how I don't usually read Nigerian novels off Wattpad.

Interviewer:
Now to your next question. When you develop characters, do you already know who they are before you begin writing or do you let them develop as you go?

Eddy:
To be honest, I let them develop as the story goes. I might have an antagonist but as the story goes and conversations start setting In, that antagonist would end up having huge character development.