Interview With Novelist_tilly_

Yesterday was a pretty busy day and that was because I had a backlog of things piled up over one another

Yesterday was a pretty busy day and that was because I had a backlog of things piled up over one another. I couldn't hold more than an interview due to my tight schedule. Initially what I prepared in mind was an interview-free day. I needed some rest and something nice to read. I checked through my library, searching for a story that would suit my mood perfectly. Just as I was about to give up and do something else, my eyes caught her book. Two new chapters were sitting quietly waiting for me to open them. My head went puff and I was reading in no time.

Then halfway through one of the chapters, something crossed my ever wandering mind. Isn't it illegal for a person to write something this exhilarating? Wow! I kept laughing like a lunatic. I continued reading even when mom sent me on an errand to get her something in the next street. The chapter made me laugh so hard that my only neighbourhood friend saw and ask if a boy was doing all this. I scoffed. To hell with that when I've got mind-blowing content to read.

To cut the long story short, I became eager to interview her and luckily she was online. Omgg.

So she had her interview with me, and goodness gracious, it was the BOMB! Literally.

Okay, I'll shut up now and let you guys read for yourselves. *squeals*

Interviewer:
Can you briefly introduce yourself?

Tilly:
Sure. My name is Adjei Etornam Matilda. I'm a second-year senior high school student. I love arts, debates, politics, drama and poetry. It's a whole lot. For my love for politics and legal stuff, I'm studying general arts. I love to read, write, listen to good music and watch nice movies during my leisure time.

Interviewer:
Nice, that sounds awesome.

Tilly:
Thank you.

Interviewer:
Welcome. What was an early experience where you learned that language has power?

Tilly:
Interesting question. Let me answer this on a really lighter note. I have a cousin who was born and raised in Benin 🇧🇯. I had never met him until I turned 12 when his mother brought him to Ghana 🇬🇭 on a Christmas vacation. Just imagine thinking all my life that I had cousins and finally meeting one, it was bliss. The only problem was he only spoke French fluently. His English wasn't the best, probably as worse as my French at the time.

To cut a long story short, we found ourselves loitering to places we weren't supposed to and almost got kidnapped. We couldn't find our way back home and the men who offered to give us a ride had a conversation in French we're discussing how to take us away to some far-away place where most children had been snuggled to. My cousin with his fluency in French saved the day. We wouldn't have made it alive. I actually took French lessons seriously from then on but I'm sure French and I just can't be friends.