Chapter 2 ~

Chapter 2 ~

Aaron woke up just past nine o'clock. The sun was shining through the window. You'd expect him to be happy but he wasn't.

  Aaron groaned.

I really don't want to go to work today.

  Aaron sat up in bed pulling the covers up to his chest. Out of the corner of his eye he saw a flashing light.

  Aaron frowned, turning his head towards it. He noticed that the LED light was indicating he had a notification on his phone.

  He picked up the phone from the side drawers and clicking it on.

  9:12.  7th March 2015.

Aaron brushed away a tear away from his cheek realising that it had been recent since Robert got married.

  Why did Robert have to leave him like this?

  Aaron wondered if Robert knew that his life was miserable whilst his married life was going great?

  No why would he?

Aaron looked down at the phone again with blurry eyes at the notification across the screen.

  It was a text.

Aaron immediately clicked on it.

  "To: Aaron

  Hey Aaron, I'm sorry we haven't had a chance to talk lately. Want to meet up?

From: Robert"

  Aaron read the text out again and again. How dare Robert have the decency to text him after all this time?

Another text vibrated his phone.

"To: Aaron

  Please reply Aaron, I need to c how u r, I'm worried about u. Don't shut me out.

From: Robert

  Aaron shook his head annoyed.

  Don't shut him out? He's the one that hasn't been talking to me!

He huffed and got up from the bed, rubbing his arms.  He looked down feeling the roughness of his skin. He looked down at the cuts. Least they weren't hurting anymore.

  Aaron walked to the drawers to grab a shirt.

  "Aaron!" Chas shouted from down the stairs.

Today's going to be great, Aaron thought sarcastically.

***

Aaron could feel the cold, smoothness of the metal. The knife pressed to his skin.

  Don't self-harm Aaron, he scolded himself.

Control yourself Aaron, but he was never good at that.

He pressed the knife into his skin, deeper than ever before.

  "Ugh" he grunted in pain, drawing blood. He slashed back and forth creating straight lines a quarter way up his arm. He had to stop and sob to himself though, as the tears flooded down his cheeks.

  Aaron rubbed at his cheeks furiously.

  You're stronger than this, you're stronger than anybody knows.

  Aaron heard footsteps, slow and steady footsteps, he quickly grabbed the knife and threw it in the sink with a splash and pulled his sleeve down covering the cuts.