XIV.

Jade
I feel my eyes become narrower and feel blood rushing towards my eyes. My hidden vampire abilities rush towards the surface. My fangs reach their fullest length my hair grows further down. My muscle mass increases slightly. The sound of Gertrude's fast beating heart is roaring in my ears. I arise in the air with no hesitation and with one flick of my wrist I send my grandfather to the other side of the room. I lick my lips one time and in one millisecond I'm sucking every last drop of essence of Gertrude. Before I can finish draining her I'm thrown across the room and I immediately get up to face my attacker.

"Jade you mustn't become the monster that they think you are. You are better than that."

His words fall over me like a blanket and it resonates within me. I close my eyes while the vision of the angry villagers with their pitchforks and torches comes within my vision. Once I open my eyes my grandfather stares back at me.

"You're ready Jade."

His home starts to morph back into the corridor and before he disappears he presses something into the palm of my hand. I can almost see a smile on his grumpy face. I come to a door at the end of the corridor and open it.  I'm in the middle of an abandon pretzel place.

I kindly exit and look at my surroundings. Apparently the whole town is abandoned. The sun is brightly shining down on me and my skin is starting to burn. I know I'm the daughter of the night but that doesn't mean I should burn.

I start traveling by the shadows. I realize I'm still holding what my grandfather gave me. I open my hand and see a bat shaped object. I crush it in my fist and dust my hand off onto my pants.

"Guess I don't know my own strength."

"Clearly you don't."

"You're a bat in broad daylight?"

"I can take many forms a superstitious black cat, the clueless fish in a bowl, a fluttering butterfly, a glowing firefly, a song full sparrow, a blood sucking mosquito, and many more."

"I can't make any promises that you won't get smacked if you're a mosquito."

"You smack me and I'll smack you back."

"So you're the thing my grandfather gave me."

"Miss ma'am for starters I'm a shapeshifter who is in debt to your grandfather my name is Ace."

He's vital to my quest and I'm assuming a guide. I take in his appearance and I'm curious to know his true form.

"What's your true form?"

"I don't think your mere mortal eyes could handle such a form. You would die from sheer fright."

"I've heard that one before."

I start walking off and my thoughts drift off to Kiyah.

"Do you have any idea where you're going?"

"I've got to find Kiyah."

"Who's Kiyah?"

"My sister."

"You have a sister? Older or younger?"

"Same age."

We come into a grave site and one of the mausoleum stands out.

"Is it just me or is it glowing?"

"Definitely glowing."

Kiyah
'Any clue as to where we are?'

'Just as much as you do.'

'Well this is an experience to say the least. What's that song?'

'I would say check it out, but girl we have to be cautious we don't know these people or supernaturals.'

'That doesn't mean we can't check it out though. Live a little.'

'No freaking way! A secret supernatural bar!!'

'Kiyah you remember what happened last time you were drinking.'

'Now I know what to expect and be cautious about.'

I walk over to this rectangular bar that has LED lights that goes with the beat of the music. I sink into the plush chair and instantly let out a sigh. The bartender raises his eyebrow at me while drying a glass. He then proceeds to make a drink and teleports it to me.

I pick up the glass and once the liquid touches my tongue it's instantly filled with exotic fruit flavors. My vision gets blurry for just a split second.

'What was that?'

'Girl this is madness! We have no idea what this is doing to us.'

'Kaleah?'

My inner wolf becomes a faint whisper in the back of my head. Music replaces Kaleah's voice.

"I haven't seen you around these parts before."

He brushes the back of his hand against my cheek. He lifts my chin so I can look into his mesmerizing eyes.

Kaleah
"What in the..."

"Ah hello there I figured she had an inner wolf."

"Who are you?"

"How rude of me I'm Sebastian."

"You're a siren."

"Not only a siren but also a time keeper."

I look through Kiyah's eyes and see that everything has frozen in place.

"Whoa what's going on out there Kaleah!"

"Nice of you to join us Kiyah."

"Kaleah who's this?"

"Hi I'm Sebastian the siren and timekeeper."

"What do you want from us?"

"You are an interesting being."

"Not only are you a werewolf you're also part witch."

"How do you...?"

"Your magic is following your wolf and you didn't bring a witch with you to get inside this club."

"So what now?"

"Well go ahead and sit down."

We all take a seat around a table similar to the ones in the bar.

"Last night I decided to order Chinese takeout and I ordered a few extra fortune cookies. My first fortune cookie had a prophecy. It was something about a friendship involving two girls and their heritage filled with scorn. Long story short two friends will save the world. The next fortune cookie said, "Tomorrow you will have an unexpected guest in your presence." The next fortune cookie said, "You will be faced with a decision to aid with saving the world or contributing with its downfall." I ate another fortune cookie before I saw you. The last fortune cookie said, "Your decision starts in 5...4...3...2...1" it actually had a timer on the paper which blew up the moment I laid my eyes on you."