V.

Blanche
My worse fears have finally become a reality. The girls have finally settled in their rooms and are fast asleep. My nerves are through the roof and Arnold watches me pace the room.

"Blanche you knew this day was going to happen eventually."

"Yeah eventually but not this soon. I'm not ready."

"It's not about if you're ready. All we can do is prepare the girls for what's about to unfold before all of us. Fate has a way of happening no matter how many spells you would've casted."

"I hate it but you're right."

"Come back to bed."

"I need to contact their fathers."

"Slow down Blanche one thing at a time. First you need to teach them how to harvest the magic within them before you bring in their fathers."

"Arnold like you said fate has a way of happening. So we need to contact them now so they can be trained properly. I'm one ingredient away of finding out the killers of our daughters. Then this happened tonight."

"Well it won't do anyone any good if you're not rested."

"Arnold don't you dare."

That was the last sentence that left my lips before sweet memories played before my eyes while I slumber. When I wake up in the morning Kiyah and Jade are in the kitchen making breakfast.

"Girls..."

"Good morning grandma."

"We made some breakfast for you."

Before I can say anything there is a knock on the front door. I answer it and lead the guests into the kitchen.

"Jade and Kiyah I have someone for you to meet."

Kiyah
I take in the man with locks that come down to his mid back. His mustache connects with his stubble. Seems like he needs to shave again. His chocolate melanin seems as if it shimmer as the light touches it. His dark brown almond shaped eyes focus on me. His muscles are not well hidden behind his white T-shirt and blue jeans. Just by looking at him he doesn't skip leg day or any other workout day.

'Kaleah do you know who that is?'

'You see this man every time you look in a mirror. Anyone can see the resemblance.'

"Dad?"

I don't realize that I've said that out loud until a smile comes into vision on his lips. I basically run to hug him. He smells like pine trees mixed with musk.

"You're beautiful just like your mother."

"Really Kaleah thinks I resemble you as well."

"Kaleah thank you for guiding my daughter."

Jade
My eyes locks with the man in the expensive black suit with matching shoes. He has a red tie on his dress shirt, a coordinating handkerchief in his suit pocket while an expensive watch decorates his wrist and he has sunglasses over his eyes. His hands look nice and taken care of. His shoes are shining and twinkling like a star in the night sky. His hair is trimmed and naturally wavy. His skin is light skinned as Kiyah maybe a tone darker.

"So I'm guessing you my dad mmm."

I pop my tongue and turn around to start back cleaning the kitchen. I feel a rush of wind and he's right by my side.

"Sarcastic just like just like your old man."

"Okay tell me this if you knew I existed then why didn't you come see about me?"

"Your mother didn't make it easy. First she told me she was pregnant with you and I wanted her to move in with me. She was excited at first and I even had a nursery for you. Then she just up and disappeared after she and Kiyah's mother visited the oracle. I tried my best to look for both of you and then I heard of their deaths. I still had everyone looking for you but the trail went cold like you disappeared out of thin air. I can let you see the nursery if you don't believe me."

I let what he says process and then I let out a gasp.

"Look I don't know you and you don't know me. We can get to know each other though."

Blanche
"I haven't been honest with the both of you. I've been keeping you both away from your fathers. Please believe me when I say that I had your best interest at heart though. I thought it would be safer for you not to know or be apart of the supernatural world."

"Grandma you didn't give us the choice or even let us grow up with the other parent."

Kiyah shifts as she runs down the hall and jumps out of a window. Her father runs after her.

"And to think I was going to give you your plate of breakfast."

Jade takes my plate then sucks her teeth at me before runs out using her supernatural speed and her father follows her. The only one left in the room is me until Arnold blinks in.

"What happened?"

"I told them the truth about me keeping them ways from their fathers and the supernatural world. They ran out and their fathers followed them."

"Don't worry they'll be back and everything will work out."

"How can you be sure?"

"Just trust me Blanche."

Kiyah
I'm not sure how far I've ran but it's far enough that I don't recognize the woods. I start trotting until I reach a lake. I look at my reflection in the water and then I look up at the sky. I let out a sad howl and lay down near the lake. Across the pond there a wolf with a tan reddish coat looking at me. I get back onto my paws and before I can meet the wolf it runs off and shortly after my dad appears.

'Kiyah.'

Looks like me and pops have a telepathic connection like I share with my bestie.

'Yes.'

'Don't run off like that. I've already lost you once I don't plan on losing you again.'

'I couldn't stand being in that house another second. She could've given us a choice! She manipulated us into living the life she chose for us!!'

Jade
When I stop running I'm at the old playground Kiyah and I use to play at. I sit down on the old swing and start swinging while eating Blanche's food. I already know I'm no longer alone before I look up at my father.

"Can I help you?"

"You didn't even give your grandmother a chance to explain."

"What was left for her to say? She said her piece and I said mine."

"You know can't just hold this against her. Did she give you a good childhood?"

"Yeah."

"Then she's done well then. She didn't have to take you into her home."