1 - greece

harpers pov
i havent really given much thought into soulmates. i believe they dont exist, but the men in greece are something different.
~~~~~~~~~
i wait at the airport terminal. it was 10:40pm our plane boarding time was 11:15pm. i know it would be late but i'm 23 now, my parents wouldn't care what i do anymore. the timezone from america to greece was a crazy difference. i have always loved greece, the pictures on the internet are so pretty, blue and perfect.

"harper lee!?" a voice calls from the other area yelling my name. who the hell is that? "CARMEN!!" i scream as i run to my best friend, carmen. we had been best friends since kindergarten. i hug her tightly. "hey! what are you doing here?" she asks me smiling. "i'm going to greece! i just love the place." i say to my best friend. i couldn't even believe she was here. "why are you here?" i ask her "well...." she hesitates for a while. "IM GOING TO GREECE WITH YOU!" she yells. we both scream and hug each other.

we sat there for ages, catching up on the things that we missed. it was now 11:14. i was so excited that we were going to greece together! "plane 223 for italy and greece." the intercom in our waiting area says. i look at carmen and smile excitedly. i watch the hallway open to go onto the plane i laugh and pull her by her hand. i drag carmen over to the ticket checking "hello! tickets?" the lady says. we show her our tickets. "enjoy your flight." she smiles like she actually meant it. of course she didn't, it was her job to do that for people.

"your seat number?" i ask carmen. "H7" she replies. "IM H8!!" i scream a bit too loudly and everyone looks at me. i blush and sit down in my seat. "harper i'm so happy we can go to greece together, it was always our dream. remember?" she chuckles probably thinking of what we planned when we were little. her outfit was so cute. she had a beige puffer jacket and white nikes. she had mom jeans and a white tank top. i only had sweats on. i laugh at myself. "why the heck are you laughing harper? people are staring at us!" carmen asks me. "sorry. i just think its funny that you have such a nice outfit and i'm wearing freaking sweats." she laughs at me as well.

I repeat her question mockingly "why the heck are you laughing carmen?" i giggle and she rolls her eyes at me. i turn my phone on airplane mode since we weren't allowed our phones since it might crash with the plane systems. 8 more hours to go.. I close my eyes, blacking out from sleep.

I wake up and look at the time left on the flight. 4 more hours.. i look over at carmen, she's sleeping so i pinch and and chuckle. "heyyy, what are you doing?" her voice was deep and sleepy. i laugh at her voice "what's wrong with your voice!?" i laugh more. she sticks up her finger at me and i close her finger and smirk. "we have 4 hours left on the flight, oh look! there is a lady with a food cart, i'm starving.

"hello ladies, would you like some food?" she asks politely with a deep accent. "oh yes please. we are starving over here." we all laugh. "would you like chicken or duck?" the lady asks. why all birds? "ill take the chicken please!" i say. "and i'll take the duck thank you." carmen says. i snort at her. she gives me a death stare and i stop snorting. i sounded like a pig.

we play a board game, snakes and ladders. i brought a mini version of it, and its magnetic so the pieces don't fall. 2 hours pass with talking and playing games. only 2 more hours left. we take photos of us on the plane and of course the casual plane wing in the sunset. i was pretty sure we were in italy already. i think so.
~~~~~
word count: 703 <33