chapter 12 - the avery problem

carmens pov

greyson pulls a girl to his side, "this is my sister, avery." i smile, "hi! im carmen!" i say to avery. "hey" she says weirdly, chewing her gum. i go in for a handshake, she just hides her hand behind her back and shakes her head slightly.

i laugh at myself. she must not like me. i invite them in and we start watching a movie, titanic.
———————
greysons pov

"just pretend your my sister." i say to avery winking at her. "okay" she says ripping my shirt off and kisses down my chest.
i knock on carmen's door. "don't be weird." i say to avery quietly. we walk in and start watching the titanic. i hated the titanic, i hated romance.

finally, after 3 long hours of terrible romance it was over. "look, we have to go." i say to carmen. "okay! next week. horror movie?" she winks at me. "yep. bye" i wave slowly. "ugh" avery groans, "that was disgusting" i press my finger on her lips and kiss her. carmen opens the door "you for-" she gasps.
———————-
harpers pov

we were engaged, i couldn't believe it! "so whens the wedding?" i say nervously to my fiancée. i still couldn't believe it. he was the only one i ever thought of marrying, besides pete in grade 4 i chuckle to myself. "a june wedding?" he says and laughs. i laugh with him

a june wedding. i sit there, imagining me walking down the isle.. in my beautiful white dress, dragging along the floor. it was perfect. i needed him, theo was one of the people i never want to lose, especially not now...
——————-
the next day i realise i was 2 days late on my period, i decided to do something that i might regret forever.. but i need to find out.

i walk fast over to the pharmacy, thinking about how i could never have a child. i don't know what i was thinking. i couldn't spend days in riving pain, trying to push a human out of me. i just couldn't. i hesitate but grab three different brands of pregnancy tests, i pay for them and run home. trying not to think of the cost of a baby.

as i wait for the results on all the tests i get worried, will theo hate me? suddenly, one of the tests come back. positive. "no, this isn't true, it can't be.." i whisper to myself. i wait for the others to come back. all positive..
~~~~~~~~
how on earth is harper pregnant, or are all the tests lying?
word count: 434 :)