chapter 8 - operation?

carmens pov

i lay, staring at the roof again. my heart was beating fast. today was the day i got to go out of this stupid small smelly room! i squeak. the nurse comes in the room "here are your things, your friends are here to pick you up." she says, i nod and smile. i grab the clear bag with all my clothes and stuff, i jump up from the bed i was attached to and my feet reach the cold floor tiles. the nurse cut my cords off! i squeal again.

after i got changed from the hospital gown i spin around in my dress for the first time not in that ugly hospital gown. i slip on my shoes and walk out to the room where theo and harper were waiting for me. my heart raced as i walked down the hall to the waiting room. i squeal as i see theo and harper and i run towards my best friend and her boyfriend. he pulls me into a closet.
————————
"what?" i ask him surprised. "look.. so i have been dating harper for about a month. she is the most perfect girl i've ever met, my soulmate.." he says. theo pulls something out of his pocket.. a small black box..

~~~~~~~~~~
harpers pov
we - theo and i - wait in the hospital waiting room for carmen, today was the day she got out of that room. i stare at the roof, i hate the sight of sick people.. theo taps me on my shoulder. i look at him and he points to a hallway. it was carmen running to us, she squeals. i run up to her and squeeze her and laugh.

she lets go and theo pulls her into a closet. they weren't making out were they..? no, my boyfriend was loyal. i sigh and look up as the doctors and nurses wheel by another patient of the hospital.
i hear carmen squeal and i sit up in my seat. they come out, faces normal. no emotion. she waves over at me, i smile at her. they walk over to me and we go down to the parking area, to our car.

i stare at my feet, not looking where i was going.
~~~~~~~~~
sorry this chapter is short! <3
q&a:
what is in the black box?
why doesn't harper like sick people?
comment your answers!
word count: 402 <3