chapter 9 - the ring

harpers pov
i keep looking down. i hear theo and
carmen walk ahead i look up and theo has his hand out, waiting for me  to take it. i giggle and grab his hand, he spins me around. i laugh and we lean in for a kiss. i don't let go of his hand and we walk to the car were carmen was sitting in the back seat, on her phone. i see her laugh and shake her head, i smile trying not to laugh.

we get to mine and carmen's hotel, he walks me inside the room. we kiss, his back pressing against the doorway. i grab his leg - his pocket - i felt a small box. what could it be? "um.." i say nervously and chuckle. "whats that" i laugh nervously again. "uhh.. its m-my sisters special box" he stutters, almost sounding like he was lying. i nod and lean in to kiss him again. he pushes me away slightly and walks out of the door. "bye, harper." he waves and leaves my door. i hesitate but wave slowly, thinking of what was in his pocket.

i slam the door and go to my room. i run onto the bed and start sobbing. "he was hiding something" i whisper whilst tears dropping down my face.
salty tears, i was jealous of something that i didn't know, if it could hurt my feelings for my dream guy.
i wipe my tears, sniffling. i hear a knock at the door. "can you get that harper?" i hear her call to me. i sniffle "okay" i say, my voice sort of breaking.

my eyes widen as i turn the doorknob.
~~~~~~
theos pov

i look at the shiny diamond on the ring.. it glimmers in the light, shining in my eyes. i shut the lid of the box carefully, making sure not to break anything. i put the black box in my pocket. would she like it? will you marry me. the words went over my head, i would be asking that soon.. i just didn't know when was the right time.

messages with carmen and theo:
theo: she nearly found it.
carmen: what?? how!
theo: i had it in my pocket and she felt it.. i ran out of the door when she did.
carmen: be careful, idiot.
end of messaging.

i slap my forehead, brushing my wavy hair to the side. what have i done. shes gonna know if i don't do it soon. i need a bar...
————————
i wake up with a girl lying next to me.. "harper?" i say squinting my eyes. "holy shit, who are you?" i stare at the girl. "im avery, who the hell is harper?" she shakes her head and slaps my arm. i grab the blankets and push her out to the door.
what did i do, i was about to propose to harper. she can't know about this.. never.
~~~~~~~~~
will harper find out? you will see in the next chapter! until then, bye :)
word count: 505 <3