chapter 7 - hospital

harpers pov

"shes awake if you would like to see her now." the nurse says to us. "t-thank you." my voice was breaking every time i talked. theo grabbed my hand and stood up with me. we walked into the hospital room.

lying on the bed was carmen. she smiled at us. "hi" i say to her, going over to sit next to the bed. "he- he- hell- hello." her voice wasn't strong. i smiled weakly, wanting to cry. i nod at the and he leaves the room. leaving us alone to talk about the situation. carmen tries to talk to me but i cover her mouth softly. she laughs and coughs. she closes her eyes listening to me. "i'm sorry." i say so weakly "this is all my fault, i made him kick you. i was the one that fell off." i start sobbing in front of her. i grab her hand, she shakes her head "n-no." she says hesitantly. we both start crying and i go get theo, wiping my tears.

"how is she..?" he says, now his voice breaking. "s-shes okay i guess.." i say back and kiss his forehead. we walk in together, holding hands. "enough you too." she says her first full sentence strongly.

it was now after visiting hours. "you guys have to go now. i'm sorry, come back tomorrow." the nurse says with a smile on her face. i roll my eyes at her. my best friend was in a hospital and she was smiling to try to kick us out? how fucking rude.

as we get in the car i bump my head on the top of the door. "ouch." i say to myself. "are you okay babe?" theo asks me. "yeah." i say politely, lying. the reason i bumped my head was, well because i was staring at theo's face. it seemed weird but i didn't mind, nor did he.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
carmens pov

i lay down on my hospital bed. staring at the roof, nothing ever changed. the nurses check in on me and i'm just staring at the plain white roof. "some people are here to see you miss carmen." i nod slightly and the door creaks open slowly. it was harper and theo. i close my eyes in anger and some relief. i thought it was my parents.

after they both leave i close my eyes and black out.
ages pass and i wake up with a nurse studying me, with a clipboard and pen. why wouldn't she wake me up? how long was i sleeping for? couldn't have been too long, it was still day and the sun was moved from my window. i twitch my fingers. intercoms buzz in the room, my head hurts so bad. "whats happening?" i struggle to sit up in the bed. "operation time.." a nurse says.
why was i having an opera- i black out.

the heart machine was beeping steadily. why did i have an operation?
~~~~~~~~~~~
word count: 500 :)