CHAPTER TWENTY-TWO: THE FACE OF A MURDERER

Amaterasu: Hey, everyone! Here is the chapter we all have been waiting for - where we see the face of the one who killed the Hyuga Clan's Late Heiress - Hinata Hyuga. Speaking of Hinata, please go read Hinata Hyuga and the 彼女の中のライオン by Youryanderelover. The story is incredible and I can't get enough of it. Please go check it out and enjoy it as much as I do.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[Chunin Exams Finals (Statium) / First Match: Naruto Uzumaki vs. The Tigress of the Mist]

The seats of the stadium were packed with citizens of the Hidden Leaf Village that desired to see which of the selected Genin would earn the rank of Chunin. The sun shined its light down upon the open field encompassed by the stone walls that held the people while in the private section sat the leaders of the Hidden Leaf - Hiruzen Sarutobi - and the visiting Village Leader - The Kazekage. Both men were looking at the 2 opponents that faced each other in the ring - The Smirking Face of the Tigress & The Glaring Blue Eyes of the Wannabe Hokage.

"They aren't even moving but the air around them is almost suffocating. I predict this will be an intense first round, Lord Sarutobi." The Kazekage said without tearing his gaze from the two in the ring.

"I would have to agree, Lord Kazekage. This fight shall be personal for Naruto and the Village Hidden in the Leaves." The Hokage said.

"And why is that?" The Visiting Kage asked as he turned to look at the Hokage, who locked eyes with him as he spoke.

"It recently revealed that the Tigress of the Mist was the one who murdered the clan heiress that went missing a year ago - Hinata Hyuga." He explained.

"Yes, I've heard rumors of that but I didn't think it was true." The Kazekage said as he turned his gaze back to the Masked Figure, "So, she is the murderer... Interesting."

"Not the word I would use." The Hokage said as he turned to face the match.

In the ring, the wind blew through the two - picking up some dust while blowing the ribbons on the Tigress' Mask and the Orange Jumpsuit of the Last Uzumaki. Naruto glared at the smirk on the girl's face - the longer he stared at it, the more he wanted to knock it into the dirt. Tigress - on the other hand - stood there calm and collected as her right hand rested to the sheath of her sword to keep it upright in her sash. 

In the rafters: The Genin that awaited their turns glared at Tigress with hatred while also looking at Naruto with hope - Tigress killed their friend and if anyone was going to avenge her, Naruto was the one to do it. Zabuza and Haku stood side-by-side in silence in the same room, waiting for the match to start when Haku's brown eyes narrowed and darted to the left when his keen ears picked up on the sound of someone coming; it was the only member of Team 8 that was present - Shino Aburame.

"Is there something I can help you with?" Haku asked as he turned to face Shino, his tiger cub sleeping peacefully in his arms as if she was a human infant.

"Why are you here?" Shino asked.

"I am waiting my turn to see who I shall face, nothing more." Haku said with a deadpan tone.

"That's not what I mean - why are you in our village? Your presence here is more than just the Chunin Exams, your wife's aggression against us is more than enough proof. It's clear she wants us to suffer but she won't let us suffer alone - she wants us to suffer by her hand. Why? What ties does the Tigress of the Mist have with the Hidden Leaf Village?" He asked in his normal uncaring voice, but underneath was a building rage.