CHAPTER NINE - FAMILIAR FACES

- Tigress' Point Of View / Inside of Testing Room 303 -

My eyes were closed under the protection of the ribbon that rested under my mask wrapped around my eyes but I could feel just how crowded this room was and it was unsettling, to say the least. There were multiple scents that caused my nose to twitch at random times; some sweet, some sour, and some smelled like those who bore Beast Blood in their bodies. My arms were followed in front of my chest while my tail was wrapped around my waist; my breathing was steady but my mind was racing and my blood...it was one fire.

"You must calm yourself, my cub. You are letting the old memories fester within your soul again and it is clouding your judgment." - Lady's Hantei's voice called out to me; smooth like silk and sweet as honey. I opened my eyes, not my mortal eyes; my soul's eyes and I came face to face with the emerald eyes of Lady Hantei as she rested in a patch of green grass projected by my mindscape. 

"Forgive me, Lady Hantei. I'm just...distracted." I said as I looked at the grass below me in shame.

"Do not apologize, Hinata. I know how you are feeling. To be here, in this room, full of those who have done you wrong and those that you do not know; it can aggravate even the calmest soul. I hope nothing against your feelings but I think it would be wise for you to remain calm; there are a few shinobi and kunoichi who seem to detect your Killer Instinct building under your skin." 

Raising my eyebrow in curiosity, I opened my mortal eyes again and scanned around the room; while no one could see my eyes, I was able to see everyone else clearly. I noticed that there were a few people watching me.

My Husband was one of the many who had their eyes on me. He looked at me with that loving shine in his eyes and that made a small blush creep across my face; he doesn't even have to do anything and he can make me flustered and it wasn't a crush or puppy love like I had in regards to Naruto; I really love him. During my time in the Hidden Mist Village, I got closer to Haku and I wondered how someone with a calm voice and gentle smile could be a killer; the more I learned about him, the more I was attracted to him and...well, the rest is history.

The next person I noticed looking at me was Gaara No Sabaku - The Youngest of the Sand Siblings and the Most Deadly: The was the Jinchuuriki of the One-Tailed Tailed Beast - The Sand Racoon, Shukaku. 

Lady Hantei taught me about the Legend of the Sage of the Six Paths, The Mother of All Chakra, and the Tailed Beasts. Hantei's Former Position made to where she came in contact with a few of the Tailed Beasts Jinchuuriki and she even spoke with the Tailed Beasts at one point in time. From what she told me, one of the Tailed Beasts was the one that betrayed her and sealed her away in her own lantern; she never told me which one it was and I was not going to pry her for information.

From what I could about Gaara, from his scent and his aura; he was not mentally stable at the moment. He looked ready to kill at any moment and his eyes scanned the room for anyone he thought would be an interesting mark. I could tell that he hasn't slept in a long time; Shukaku must be keeping him up. Gaara might think if he sleeps, Shukaku would take over and destroy everything around him. 

'Poor Soul.' - I thought.

My eyes drifted to the next pair of eyes - Pale, like the full moon. Eyes of the Clan I've grown to detest with my entire being. The Hyuga Clan 'Prodigy', My Cousin: Neji Hyuga of the Side Branch. I growled just thinking about that bastard. 

For most of my life, he and my father have made me think that I was weak, pathetic and a complete waste of space but I was none of these things. The only reason I lost to Hanabi was because of a promise I made to my mother on her death bed: She wanted me to protect Hanabi from the Main Branch when they wanted a powerful heiress; if I became head of the clan, Hanabi would have been sent to the Side Branch and I thought I could stop that from happening by holding back most of my power. It wasn't worth it.