I was leaving

Lindsey's birthday was only a week away, so Stevie set her wedding planning aside to throw him a party first. Of course, he repeated again and again that he doesn't want it, but did she listen? No. At least they agreed on one thing, the celebration would take place at their home and not some fancy restaurant, which was something Lindsey despised. 

Stevie was busy, writing down the last of what would be needed, so she could give the list to Karen, who was coming over shortly. Lindsey was standing in the doorway, Aaron in his arms, as he watched her fondly.

"We've missed you."

"Okay."

"Okay?" Lindsey laughed, sitting down next to her. "How is that in any way okay?"

"Linds, I'm busy."

"Yes, because you like to make yourself busy."

"It's your party, I'm planning your birthday."

"I didn't ask for it."

"Oh, so you don't appreciate my effort at all?!"

"Stevie, I'm just joking. Relax..."

"Don't do it then, I don't find things very funny at the moment. Karen is on her way and see? This piece of paper is almost empty!"

"That's because you've got it all covered already." He took the pen from her hand, making her look over at him. "Don't get mad. Stevie, everything is done."

She sighed heavily, leaning against the couch. "You're probably right, but you know me."

"Too well, baby." 

"Give him here." Stevie opened her arms to take Aaron. "I missed you so much!"

"We didn't get to see much of you these past couple of days."

"Thanks to our wonderful timing! Your birthday is in less than one week, then our wedding is a month after. I'm going crazy!"

"That you are. But I don't mean it in a bad way." He quickly added, seeing how her facial expression had begun changing. "It's just that you care so much about others, you forget about yourself some times."

"You're not wrong."

"I know I'm not wrong." He said, smirking, totally proud of himself because of the reference he made.

"That must be Karen!" Stevie got up to her feet at the sound of the door opening. "Hi!"

"Hello to you, too." Karen replied, slightly frowning while shooting Lindsey a look. "What happened to her? Why is she so happy?"

"I pulled her away from all the planning and I forced her into having human contact."

"I hate you both. I liked it when you used to disagree on everything." Stevie said, before walking up the stairs and returning back soon, with the list she had made when she couldn't fall asleep the night before. "Here. I think everything is on it."

"I'll get what's written down here, but I don't think I'll be coming back tomorrow. Is the day after that okay?"

"Sure."

"Good, then I'll be on my way." 

Stevie closed the front door and went back to Lindsey in the living room. "I feel as if I had run a marathon. I'm exhausted and I haven't done anything!" 

"You haven't been sleeping very well lately, making up tasks for yourself too."

"I think I might actually fall asleep if I went to bed now." 

Lindsey checked his watch. "It's eight. You can have a nice, hot bath and go rest."

"I would probably fall asleep and drown."

"Well, we certainly don't want that to happen!"

"But if you don't mind, I will go upstairs." 

"We can call it an early night. Before coming to see what you were up to, I was going to make Aaron a bottle and them put him to bed. So, after I do that, we can watch a movie or something."

"Yes, let's do that." She gave both her man a kiss before leaving the room.

Lindsey entered their bedroom about half an hour later, not finding Stevie in bed. He heard the water running in the bathroom. He knocked, but received no answer. He slightly opened the door and saw her behind the closed shower door. It took him nearly a second to decide what to do as he quickly took of his clothes and joined her in the shower.

"Hey."

"You can't just invite yourself in, Lindsey."

"Sure I can!" 

"I was leaving already."

"No, I saw you touching your breasts." He looked down on them as they were all soapy. 

"I was washing myself, that's what you usually do while taking a shower." She looked pointedly at him. 

"Or..."

"Or nothing, Lindsey." 

"God, you're so boring!"

"Me? I'm boring?"

"Yes."

"I'll show you boring!" She threw her arms around his neck, bringing their lips closer together. 

He backed her up against the wall and she demanded to be picked up. He obeyed, doing it with ease. Their bodies grinding against each other for the short amount of time they spent on foreplay, was enough to make him hard and he brought her down on him without a warning, making her wince. 

"Can I..."

"Yes, you can fuck me." 

He started thrusting with force, causing her to tighten her arms around him, which wasn't an easy task as the water was still cascading over them. She cocked her head back as best she could and he leaned his head on her shoulder, doing everything he could with his mouth, eliciting all kinds of sounds from her. 

"Sorry, babe, I'm going to... Jesus fucking Christ, I can't..."

"I'm right behind you..." She was moaning in his ear, getting him even closer. 

With that knowledge, he tightened his grip on her with one arm, bringing the other down to stimulate her, which made her arch her back in the overwhelming pleasure. The years of experience with each other brought them over the edge together, leaving them breathless.

"So much for the movie we were supposed to watch!"

"Don't tell me this wasn't times better?" Lindsey laughed, lowering her down to her feet.

"You don't hear me complaining, do you?"

They finished showering together this time, then they went straight to bed like previously decided. Nothing good was on TV, so Lindsey left whatever was on for the background, although he was already drifting off, before he remembered their talk in the morning.

"Steph?"

"Yeah?"

"You said you were going to take a test."

"I did say that." She looked away from him and pretended to concentrate on some late night talk show.

"And did you?"

"I don't want to talk about it."

"Oh, okay..." He hated that he made her upset, when they were having such a lovely evening. "I love you." He had to tell her that, he always did after yet another disappointment.

~

Thank you so much for votes and your wonderful feedback!