𝐶ℎ𝑎𝑝𝑡𝑒𝑟 19.

"Hey you." Makayla grinned as Joel's eyes fluttered open. They were at the beach, mud and blood all over them while they were soaking wet.

"Henry! He's awake!" Joel heard Sam scream next to him and he looked at Makayla before getting up with a low grunt. His body was aching from the impact.

Makayla took a step back,looking at him and when she noticed how Joel looked at Henry as he grabbed his gun she knew nothing good was gonna happen.

"What'd I tell you? He's good, everything's fine. You know Sam's the one who spotted you, you guys have-" Henry didn't even get to finish his sentence as Joel pushed him with his body force making him fly backwards and land in the sand, "What the hell is wrong with you?!" He screamed and looked up only to see furious Joel aiming at him with his gun.

 You know Sam's the one who spotted you, you guys have-" Henry didn't even get to finish his sentence as Joel pushed him with his body force making him fly backwards and land in the sand, "What the hell is wrong with you?!" He screamed and looked ...

"Get back son!" Joel snapped at Sam and Sam did as he said and took a few steps back.

"He's pissed but he's not gonna do anything." Henry said pointing at Joel but that only angered him even more.

"You sure 'bout that?!" Joel stepped even closer, still not lowering his gun.

"You had a good chance at making it, and you did. But coming back for you, meant putting him at risk. If it was the other way would you come back for us?" Henry reasoned and Makayla decided to aproach Joel.

"Joel. We would've drowned." She tried to calm him down and Joel's eyebrows furrowed even more but after a few seconds he eased up.

Still frowning he threw the gun next to Henry's head with such force Henry dodged even though it wasn't being thrown at him but at the ground.

"The radio tower is on the other side of this cliff. Place's gonna be full of supplies. You're gon' be very lucky you didn't kill me." Henry declared, breathing heavily and Joel just faintly looked at him as he started walking.

Sam helped Henry stand up and they followed Joel and Makayla.

"Keep your eyes peeled!" Henry shouted from behind making Joel scoff, "Way ahead of ya kid." He mumbled to himself while rolling his eyes.

They searched the beach before trying to find a way to the other side until Henry called out.

"Hey I bet this goes all the way through!" He found a tunnel.

Before they entered he turned to look at them.

"You know I'm really glad we spotted you guys."

Makayla and Joel stayed quiet but accepted his words

The cover was pretty big so Joel had to come and help him with it. They pushed it open and one by one they jumped inside and closed the cover behind them.

Their feet buried into the water right away. They started making their way through the tunnel, thinking they were close when they noticed some door in front of them.

"What's up with that.." Makayla frowned and Sam stepped forward but hesitated, "Do we have to go through there?" His voice was shaky and Makayla ruffled his hair with a chuckle, "We'll be fine."

Joel stepped in front of them and pushed the door open when suddenly a bunch of staff fell on the ground in front of them creating a loud bang.

"A sound trap." Henry said and they all scanned the room with their eyes searching for any incoming but nothing.

"Someone used to live here." Joel said when he saw the bunch of stuff on the floor, wardrobes and books.

"Who would stay in a place like this?" Sam frowned.

"Someone who thought they could keep a place like this safe." Henry said and they all moved.

Makayla saw a football ball on the ground so she kicked into it and it flew towards Sam who managed to quickly catch it.

"Henry, did you see that?!" He turned to Henry all smiley.

"Let's keep it down buddy okay?" Henry gave him a serious look so Sam looked at Makayla with a sad expression on his face before dropping the ball.

There was another door at the end of the hall but just before Joel was about to open Makayla spoke, "Infected."

"I hear them." Joel whispered and slowly opened the door and as soon as they walked in infected started charging at them from all sides.

"Watch out!" Henry screamed and they all took out their guns, firing at them but more of them was coming.

Joel threw molotov into the door frame so the last ones just got burned.

"Well I guess we know what happened to those people now." Makayla breathed.

"All we can do is hope that was all of them." Henry spoke and they walked into another room, slowly moving forward.

There was another door at the end so Joel went to open them but it was another trap. A bunch of cans fell on the floor as it trapped Joel and Sam on one side and Henry and Makayla on the other.

"Sam!" Henry screamed trying to get the metal door open but it was impossible.

"Oh shit clickers!" Makayla shouted and looked behind her. They were slowly getting closer.

"Get outta here!" Joel screamed at them to keep running and Henry looked at Joel before they had to run, "Keep him safe!"

Makayla was leading the way, sprinting as fast as she could from the bunch of clickers. There were stairs in front of them so she didn't hesitate to go up, hoping it would lead them to Joel and Sam. They suddenly heard gunshots not so far away from them.

"Shit!" Henry cursed knowing it was them.

"We're close just keep running!" Makayla screamed after a moment as they got to a long hallway and at the end of it they finally spotted them.

"Let's go! Let's go!" Henry shouted and Joel and Sam joined them, running into a random room. Joel shut the door behind them while they tried to figure out what next.