44. True power

Serena POV

It was pretty interesting these past days. We were making our way to Laverre city and all we could talk about was time Bonnie what happened with her since she was hiding for two years.

The new thing we found out, Teddiursa into Ursaring. It gave us all pretty big hug, but when it came to Ash, Bonnie seemed uncertain always around Ash. When she let out Celebi, it was scared of Ash, which we understood, but after a few days, it made me confused.

But that wasn't a big problem... because Ash was for the most of the time avoiding all of us or spending most of time with Linda doing some type of training with Emboar, which seemed very dangerous to us all, but it was exactly what he wanted.

He seemed also to avoid Bonnie because whenever they were together he looked like he couldn't believe it still.

After explaining the thing with Bonnie, we were all interested in about Emboar. Linda seemed to be still confused about it, but took it anyway.

Even though Ash said we travel together, it didn't look like. He would rarely say anything. When we would stop to camp or eat, he would be gone in forest and when he came back with words:

"Me and Pikachu went for a run."

I would rarely see him at evening and when I met him one time coming out from forest, he would look like having a headache.

After the small explaining we got from Linda and

A few days ago

No POV

Others sat on the plank, Pikachu and Lucario beside them. Ash and Linda were exchanging some words and Linda held suitcase in her hand.

"Serena?" Linda suddenly asked her. "Ash said you have a Braixen. Could you call it out please?" Serena looked at them confused and turned to others. Bonnie shrugged her shoulders and Clemont reacted almost the same. "It will just help you more understand what are we trying to explain more."

Since the whole thing with time travel and Lumiose city, she was just more curious about what happened. They were always curious with Bonnie and it wasn't enough now for her to ask question anymore.

"Ok." she said and let out Braixen out. Braixen looked around, surprised to see Lucario, but before other things could happened, Krookodile walked out from forest with another big pile of wood and placing it around the modern target. Ash than pulled out pokedex and gave it to others. They looked down and saw Emboar, but this one looked completely different.

"Emboar, Mega Fire Pig Pokémon. Fire-fighting type. A flaring beard of fire is proof that it is fired up. It is adept at using many different moves. The classic size is 1.6m."

"So as you saw, Emboar is pretty different from the one you can see in pokedex." Linda said and placed the suitcase on ground.

"How did it happened to Emboar? Emboar isn't pokemon that has other evolution stages." Clemont stated and Linda froze. Here it was again. Ash grabbed the suitcase and walked away. They all looked how he went behind trees and turned to Linda who sighed.

"I know what you are thinking about Ash, but don't be mad at him. You see, Ash and Emboar got into accident, bad things happened and Ash's Pignite was exposed to very dangerous power that me and others in Unova are researching." she explained, looking to the trees.

"You mean True power?" Clemont spoke again, confusing both girls.

"True power?" all of them asked together.

"Yes. To explain. For years, we as people were living along side with pokemon that can let out fire on command, let out electricity that can power our machines or can let out beams of energy that can brake walls, yet you don't see reports of people or pokemon dying because of it. Pokemon only being knocked out or people being hit by it, only for them to walk it off in a few minutes. But there are reports of people or pokemon dying because of pokemon using their moves." Linda through her explaining started to talk more and more.