Chapter 10

"You're unbelievable. If you really liked me, you wouldn't have done this. I get that you want to save your brother, but you used Daisy as a way to get closer to me. To get to know my secrets. I'm done with you. We're not even friends anymore at this point, so don't pretend you care for me. You're just lying to yourself."

No, I didn't mean that. But... I did, at the same time.

With one last glare at him, I repeated the invisibility phrase in my head and disappeared from his view.

"I'm sorry, Clover," he murmured. I froze in my steps when I heard him say my first name, instead of my last. I guess I had gotten used to him calling me Southland. I noticed he placed two small objects on the ground, gesturing towards it, before heading back into the dark castle.

I walked over and gasped when I saw two small keys. I picked them up and saw the earth and fire symbols on them. These were the 2 keys Irene had taken from us. I pushed them deep into my bag, walked over to a nearby bush, sat down, and hugged my knees.

I cried, and cried, and cried.

About 10 minutes later, I felt someone's arms embrace me. It was Zoey, of course. I noticed my dress was full of tear stains.

"Hey, hey, hey," she said. "It's okay, we'll focus on finding the two other keys and we'll save Daisy. I promise."

I lifted my head and my eyes met Diego's. His whole face was filled with sympathy and regret.

"Actually," I whispered, as I stood up slowly. "Parker returned the earth and fire key to me. I don't know why he would do that, but I have them."

Bizaria put her hands on her hips. "Because he feels bad. I can't believe he betrayed you."

I shook my head. "He didn't just betray me. He betrayed all of us. I can't trust him anymore.

Zoey's eyes softened. "Hey, he did the right thing with the keys. Also, he had an okay reason, even though it was horrible how he tricked us. That master guy has his brother. I would... I would have done the same, if Zack was taken. But not with you guys. We're a team. I would never go behind your backs."

"I get that. I would if Daisy was involved, too."

"So what's happening here? We're all betraying each other?" teased Diego, trying to lighten the mood. We all laughed in unison as we crept away, cautiously. Once we were far enough away, Diego turned towards us.

"Parker told me earlier Father got away before they could capture him. I think he went back to Feather Crown, so it would be best for us to go back, also."