Chapter 12

"Really!?" I said excited, walking over to look at the note. It read:

Now the water key must be found. Try and see the land below, if it isn't too hard to do so. Immerse yourself with the sea, but don't forget to scale, shell, and spell. Be back up by midnight, if you want the prize. Only go where the sand's knee-high, so you don't have to say bye-bye. Good luck.

"Sandstone Beach," I said immediately. "We have to go to Sandstone Beach."

"We have to swim?" Zoey questioned, her nose scrunching up.

Bizaria eyed her. "It's the water key. Do you think we'll just float on some boat to..."

"Leave it," I cut her off. "We're going to need some sort of potion that allows you guys to breathe and talk underwater." I already had the abilities to do so, but they didn't.

Diego nodded. "There's this potion that Father told me hydrokinetics used to make for people. There are several rare ingredients including a gold shell, a scale from a mermaid, and the spell. Nobody has used it in years. They'll be really hard to find."

"How about we focus on the easy ingredients for now?" Zoey suggested.

"Okay. So we need one cup of water from the ocean. Easy," I recalled. This potion had been taught to me ages ago, when I was only 5, so I could barely remember it. "Then, a bit of fern and sand."

"So how about we find the hard ingredients first,"

"Good idea. Besides the spell, the hardest would be the gold shell. I haven't seen any in my lifetime," Zoey said.

"I have one," Bizaria told us. "My um... mother collected shells. But we're going to have to go back to Lost Lagoon."

Diego thought about it, then agreed. "I'll get Liberty ready."

"Wait, wait, wait. Let's plan out where we go after," Zoey yelped. She was right. It was better to plan somewhere safe then to think about what to do out in the open.

"Fine. Mermaids. Who here knows a mermaid," Bizaria wondered.

There was a long pause until I realized...

"I may be able to help with that."

Just at that moment, someone outside knocked on the door.