4. Day 1

ugh, why does morning come so early!

New record for waking up late, it's 6 am already, I have to and catch the bus, you have a lot on your plate today Anayra, get up you lazy ass.

Wait a minute, why is this mattress extra soft, am I in heaven?

Oh, I am married, realization hit me hard, I should get ready fast and meet that devil to ask about college, what a start of the day.

I got ready and it's 6:30, I hope has not woke up yet, I was thinking about making some breakfast for him, maybe by eating tasty food, he agrees about college.

I was climbing down the stairs when I saw him already at the dining table, eating breakfast, well this was unexpected.

I sat at the other side, nervousness getting on top of me, why does he have to be so intimidating.

With all the courage I had, said "Good Morning"

He didn't even bother to reply, no no, let me correct it, he didn't even spare a glance at me, as if I am invisible.

I just sat there glancing at him, figuring out how to ask him, I need to be extra sweet, come on Anayra you got this

"Umm, I want-"

"You are not getting anything" he interrupted, without even hearing anything, is he for real!

"Hey, that's not fair, you didn't even hear what I was about to ask for"

"The moment you agreed to this marriage, you knew what you are signing for"

"Vihan, if your hands were tied, mine were too, I told mom about-"

"Enough Aranya, I don't want my morning to get ruined, from now on, don't interfere in my life, do whatever you want"

"Fine, I am done being nice to you, you as- chimpanzee," I said storming off towards my room, what the hell he thinks he is.

Anyway, he only said that I can do anything I want, which means if I want, I can go to college too, just GREAT.

I grabbed my phone and called Nitya

"Hey, Nitya, I am coming to college, can you believe it, finally"

"Wow, that's great, I knew it already, see I have already filed your application form, they will declare the results merit-based in 1 or 2 days"

"Gosh, thank you so much, this means a lot"

"What are friends for, you dumboo, I can't wait to see you"

This is the best day of my life, woohoo, you go Aranya.

I was about to perform my victory dance when Sita came, what a timing

"Anayra, what would you like to eat for lunch?"

"Anything would be fine aunty, I don't have any preferences, in fact, you know what, I will join you in the kitchen"

"There is no need dear, this is my job"

"So what, let me help you, I have nothing to do"

"Okay sweetie come"

After Few Minutes

"How come your rotis are round and mine aren't?"

"It takes practice Aranya, be patient, haven't you seen your mother making roti's?" this sentence, drained the life out of me, I missed a lot in my childhood, I don't even have any happy memory, I wish I could tell you Sita aunty.

"Now where are you lost sweetie, what happened?"

"Nothing aunty" I replied with a fake smile.

We ate food and the rest of the evening was just boring, I kept my phone near me, gosh when will they call? they will call, right?