41. Fall of glory

The world is cruel, I always knew that my so-called parents, my sister, the only man I loved everyone I ever knew had been lessons in my life. Can I just tell him about my past and get out of here? I can. But something in me has died, it's tired of new beginnings again and again. I thought my life had only highs to see from now on but it's high time I succumbed to my fate. I slowly open my eyes only to find myself in a different room, soft mattress, curtains closed, a really big bedroom which screams rich from every corner, I try to sit up but my hands ache when I move my eyes towards it there is a drip attached, I must have fainted, I conclude.

I need to get out of here and this might be my only chance, I pull the needle out which again pains a lot but that won't stop, I open the curtains slowly just enough that I can peak out, all I see is a big yard and at least 7 men holding guns and guarding, there's a golf course right at the side and huge gates for entrance. OMG, I AM IN A MANSION.

"Surprise Surprise" voice catches me off guard as I grip tight to the window and see the reflection of the same girl who gripped my hair in that black room. I try to push open the window but no luck.

"We are on the second floor, if you fall, at least 3 fractures and won't be able to escape past the gates at all, so save your energy and have orange juice while you can" she says raising the glass in her hand. 

No matter how much I hate her, what she's saying is true, I turn around and take the glass from her hand and start drinking, only to realise a sip later that this could have poison and I might just die. I try to spit out but its too late, she starts laughing at my tactics and sits on the bed.

"What's funny?" I say.

"You. You are funny, you think we would bring you here and get your fainted ass a drip only to poison you with orange juice lol, I have a gun right now in my pocket, if I need you gone, trust me I won't put efforts of getting you an orange juice, drink up unless you want to faint again" she replies laying down lazily.

I don't bother replying and sit next to where she's  laying and drink up the entire thing, as much as I hate this, I am so hungry out of nowhere and this orange juice is not even covering 1% of my hunger, how am I supposed to tell her that I want more, I hate my life.

I move my eyes to her only to find her scrolling on the phone and get clueless on what to do now, I start scanning the room to find some exit.

"No use, there are at least 70 men here, you are wasting your energy" it's like this woman has invisible eyes, she didn't even look up from her phone.

"So why don't you tell me what to do" I reply sarcastically, I have had enough of her.

"For starters, do whatever my boss has asked you to do and get the hell out of our faces" 

"You do realise, I am the right person, I am standing by the right thing, yall are criminals with no morales"

"Lawyer, if we had no morales trust me you wouldn't have it left in you to call me a criminal, shut that smart mouth if you want to stay alive and as for being right thing and right person, we did give you a fair deal but your stubborn attitude is what is making you suffer, why are you hell-bent into making the Vihan guy pay?"

"Can't you see it, he is the one who owns it all, Patel is just a small bait"

"For a lawyer, you are just too dumb" she says finally getting up and facing in front.

"You know nothing and I don't want to tell you anything because its useless, you are a big-time idiot but let me tell you one thing, if you think Boss is gonna keep you here forever, he's not. Vihan is not getting dragged into this and boss will not stop at anything to make this happen and right now you are the only hurdle, so think" she says as she slams door shut on my face.

Why does he want to save Vihan? Is he the one who has paid these people to make me suffer? Does he already know it's me? ofc he does what kind of stupid questions am I even asking. My thoughts get interrupted when a big 6 foot smt man enters the room.

"I would like you to follow me" he says sternly, too tired and too hungry, I just decide to comply, I don't have it in me right now to fight, plus this might be my chance to scan this place and make a plan to run. As I step out my eyes ball open at how beautiful this place is, the black and white floor, the huge ceiling, and every piece of furniture screams vintage, we reach at end of the corridor to a set of huge stairs that end at a massive hall which already has few people seated, one of em is that guy who kidnapped me.

"Walk" the bulky guy whispers reaching to my ears which scars me to my wit and I start somehow running to get away from him. I walk past 20-something stairs and fall down with glory at the end rolling on the last 5-6 stairs, talk about making a hell of an entrance, too embarrassed to look up, I keep my eyes closed and pretend to be fainted.