Combat Training (Hunter)

A/N: Thank you all so much for 1k reads! The support means a lot. I'm sorry I haven't uploaded in a while. I was on vacation for a couple days. But I have a lot of ideas I'm excited about so hopefully I'll have more chapters out soon. 

You stirred and let out a groan as you cracked your eyes open. The Batch had been given a short leave on the Republic star destroyer, the Negotiator, to let them recover from their mission on Raxus. You were currently in a small room located in the medical wing, nestled in the bottom bunk of a bed. With a yawn, you sat up and pushed yourself off the mattress. A loud growl creaked from your stomach as you made your way to the refresher.

You made quick work of brushing your teeth and getting dressed before stepping out of the room. Again, your stomach growled and you unconsciously made your way to the mess hall. You greeted a few 212th troopers as you walked down the corridor until you found yourself in a large room. Tables were lined in rows from one wall to the other. The noise of conversation reached you immediately as you entered, followed shortly by the scent of food. Your mouth watered. The best part about being on leave was eating real meals. That and sleeping in, of course. As you got in line to get a bite to eat, you searched the crowd for any familiar faces. Well, more familiar than usual, at least. You hadn't spent much time with the 212th so you weren't surprised when you didn't see anyone you knew. You had hoped, at least, Clone Force 99 would be here.

As the droid behind the counter handed you a tray, you decided you'd eat in your room, away from the noise. You stepped up to the door and it slid open to reveal the broad figure of Wrecker.

"About time! I'm starving!" He said as you stopped abruptly, almost spilling your food. He would have barreled into you if it weren't for Crosshair snagging him by the shoulder.

"Watch it." The sniper huffed as Wrecker noticed you. He rubbed the back of his head with a wide smile.

"Sorry. Didn't see ya there." He said while you gathered yourself. You returned his smile.

"It's alright." You replied before raising an eyebrow. "Where've you guys been? I haven't seen you all since we got here."

"Combat training." Crosshair said. "Not all of us can waste time sleeping in." You sighed inwardly at his cadence before Wrecker pointed at your tray.

"Where are you goin' with that?" He asked. You shrugged.

"I was just going to eat in my room." You said and Wrecker furrowed his brow.

"Alone?" He said. You nodded and he shook his head. "That's no good. You should eat with us." Your smile grew.

"If it's no trouble."

"Of course not. C'mon, let's find a place to sit." Wrecker led the way to an empty table. You set your tray down and Wrecker sat next to you while Crosshair went to get his food. You scanned the mess as you broke a piece of bread off and dipped it in your soup.

"Where are the others?" You asked.

"They're finishing up a sparring match. They'll catch up." Said Wrecker. You looked at him.

"And your injuries aren't causing any trouble, right?" You said and he flashed a wide grin, rolling one of his shoulders.

"Barely notice 'em." He answered as you took a bite of bread.

"Thanks again for that, by the way. I hope those wounds don't leave a bad scar." You said.

"Are you kidding? I hope they do!" He responded and you raised your eyebrows, swallowing your food.