Snow (Crosshair)

The Marauder slowly landed on the ice moon of Krownest, it's thrusts tossing up light clouds of snow. You quickly stood from your seat and made your way into the cockpit to see the landscape for yourself. Approaching the window, you let your eyes drift over the pine forests and distant mountains. A layer of white coated the ground as far as the eye could see as small orbs of snow drifted from the clouds. You smiled at the sight but a loud grunt from behind you suggested that Wrecker wasn't as happy.

"I hope we aren't here too long." He said as he examined his blaster.

"It's just for a couple days, Trooper." Hunter assured him as he stood. "Whether these mandalorians agree with the treaty or not, they won't beat around the bush. They don't like these diplomatic meetings any more than we do." You gazed at the terrain a little more before gazing at the Sergeant.

"If they want us out of here as soon as possible, why make us land out here? Why not let us get closer to their headquarters?" You asked him.

"While we aren't enemies, we're not allies either." Tech put in. "It's most likely because they don't trust us." They all slipped their helmets on and made their way out of the cockpit. You adjusted your thick coat as Hunter pressed the button to open the ramp. The cold rushed in, catching your hair and making you squint, your eyes watering. Wrecker immediately groaned as you all stepped out.

"How cold is it out here?" Wrecker asked, his breath fogging into the breeze. Tech lifted his datapad, pressing a few buttons.

"It's seventeen degrees Fahrenheit, negative eight degrees Celsius." He answered. "But the temperatures on Krownest can get as cold as negative thirty-five degrees Fahrenheit, or negative thirty-seven degrees Celsius. Not to mention that blizzards are very common during this period of the moon's rotation. Oh, and the average snowfall on this planet is-" As Tech rambled on, Crosshair scanned the sky.

"When do the Regs get here?" He asked, distaste evident in his voice.

"They should arrive soon with the general." Hunter responded as you looked at the sniper with a raised eyebrow.

"Regs?" You said.

"Regular clones." Hunter stated, turning his visor on you. "We don't work with 'em too often, but this mission is... complicated." You dipped your head in understanding. Death Watch had been plaguing the planet of Mandalore for years and tensions were rising. While Mandalore was neutral, the council had offered to send a Jedi to help smooth things over. Master Kenobi was dispatched to talk to the leader of Clan Wren, who had allied herself with Death Watch. She had agreed, on the condition that the Jedi come with limited soldiers.

From the moment Clone Force 99 had entered the atmosphere, it was clear that these mandalorians were not welcoming to outsiders. Due to their conditions, they demanded that the Havoc Marauder and the other gunship enter separately and meet in a specific landing point before being escorted to their headquarters. You blinked out of your thoughts when you noticed Crosshair walk down the snowy hill in front of you. He approached the tree line, searching through the pine forest. His solid grey armor stood out from the pure white snow.

'Almost like a target.' You thought to yourself with a sly grin. While the others were distracted, you knelt down and scooped up a handful of snow. You rolled it in your gloved hands until it made a neat ball.

"How much longer do you think it'll be until the others arrive?" You asked.

"We're a bit early. I'd say about ten minutes." Tech answered without looking up from his datapad. Your grin widened as you tossed the ball in your hand.

"Hey, Crosshair!" You called. This drew everyone's attention to you, including the sniper as you reeled your arm back and hurled the snowball. Right when he turned to look at you, the snowball struck him directly on the white crosshair painted on his helmet. You and Wrecker burst out laughing until tears pricked the corners of your eyes.