Life Day (Bad Batch)

A/N: Happy Holidays, everyone! And if you don't celebrate anything, I hope you had a great time regardless.  I wanted to make something cute and fluffy for the holidays so here's my gift to you. There's no warnings for this one, just the fluffiest thing I could think of. 

I do celebrate Christmas, so a lot of the traditions may reflect that. I hope that's not an issue in any way. I hope you enjoy and I'll see you next year. Be safe, everyone!

"What?!" You exclaimed, your wide eyes meeting Wrecker's. The large clone shrugged from where he sat across the cockpit.

"We don't exactly have the time for it." He said. You blinked at him.

"Surely you do SOMETHING." You pressed, casting your gaze over the group. None of them seemed bothered, making your apparent shock all the worse. It was Tech who answered you, adjusting his glasses and meeting your gaze.

"Is that so strange?" He began. "The Republic would be left vulnerable if it allowed the GAR leave on Life Day. If anything, defenses are increased to ensure stability throughout the holiday." Hunter grunted at this.

"You can't put it past the Separatists to launch an attack on Life Day. It's too risky." The Sergeant stated.

"Besides, are we really missing out on all that much?" Said Crosshair as he removed a chewed toothpick from his mouth. Your expression fell at this.

"I would say so. There's a lot to enjoy about Life Day; Time with family and friends, good food, music." You listed. Wrecker nodded his head toward the rest of the Batch.

"I mean, we've got nothing BUT time with family." He pointed out.

"And the rest sounds like meaningless fluff." Crosshair said as he flicked the toothpick expertly into a wastebasket. You knit your brow together.

"There's a difference between spending time with family and dedicating a whole day to appreciating each other." You responded. "Especially since, most of the time, you guys are risking your lives. It's... not right. Do you at least put decorations up or listen to Life Day music?"

"I don't believe decorating is a valuable use of Republic-funded time and resources." Tech replied. "And we've never really bothered tuning in to a Life Day channel."

"Well, since we'll be parked at Coruscant for a few days, we should make some plans." You offered. Hunter gazed at you warmly.

"That sounds nice, but we aren't on leave. We have to be available for immediate action at all times, so we won't be able to leave the Temple. At least, not without clearance from a commander." He informed you.

"And that isn't very likely." Crosshair added. Every word they said made your heart dip further and further. You supposed you couldn't blame them for feeling indifferent. They were never given the opportunity to celebrate Life Day.

At the thought of this, an idea took shape. You leaned back in your seat and gazed at the spiraling streaks of hyperspace. Clone Force 99 was currently heading back to Coruscant for a standard mission report, meaning Commander Cody would be present. And since they'd sustained some damage on one of their recent missions, some repairs needed to be done. Tech had estimated that they would probably be there for a week. And five days in, was Life Day. This gave you the tiniest window to put something together for the Batch. Perhaps the GAR wouldn't allow their troops to celebrate Life Day. Perhaps the war wouldn't allow them to. But you're going to bring the most of the holiday to them that you can.