𝐶ℎ𝑎𝑝𝑡𝑒𝑟 20.

"The door's stuck!" Henry tried to get them open.

"Give me a boost I'll open them from outside!" Sam called out since he was the only one who could get through. Makayla and Joel were already drawing out their guns, hearing the infected coming.

"Make it fast!" Joel shouted when the infected were already running up on them.

They started shooting them with their guns but there was too many of them.

"The door's open let's go!" Henry shouted and both Joel and Makayla started stepping backwards, not putting their guns down but as soon as they were in front of the door they went for it, running outside.

Joel shut the door behind them and they managed to barricade them.

"Fresh air.." Henry sighed and sat on the ground.

"Wow are you fucking kidding me," Makayla snapped looking at the sign,

'WARNING INFECTED INSIDE'
'DO NOT OPEN'

"Great." Sam sighed looking at it too.

"So where's this tower?" Joel turned to look at Henry.

Henry stood up with a sigh, "We're close. Follow me."

They continued walking, finding themselves in some kind of neighbourhood as they started making their way through.

"How 'bout you, how you holdin' up?" Joel looked at Makayla and she just shrugged with a faint smile, "Business as usual."

He gave her the same smile back which she wasn't expecting but after that she definitely was repeating it in her head over and over. Seeing Joel smile even if just a little was very rare.

"What is that?" Sam grimaced seeing a white truck on the street with popsicle stickers all over it.

"That's an ice cream truck. They'd sell ice cream out of it." Henry replied.

"No way. Joel?" Makayla asked for clarification. The outbreak started when her mother was pregnant with her. So she didn't get the chance to experience something like that.

"That's true. This thing would drive around and play real loud creepy music and kids would come running out to come buy ice cream."

"You're fucking with me." She looked back at the truck. Of course her parents never had the time nor the need to tell her about those.

"Um-mm. Serious." He simply answered.

"This house is unlocked! Let's search it!" Henry made them snap out of it so they went after him.

They were walking around the house. It wasn't too damaged for the fact that it was unlocked. Makayla was looking around the kitchen when she heard a loud bang, "What was that?"

"Ceiling's falling apart." Joel called and she decided to go up the stairs to check it out.

She noticed quite a big hole in the ceiling, "Get me up there." She said and Joel automatically positioned himself under, "Watch yourself." He said as he boosted her up.

She looked around, noticing a small book on the ground covered in dust.

She picked it up and walked back to the entrance, "Here you go." She handed him the book.

"Thanks." He said and put it in his backpack. It was a book about creating different weapons. Very handy in this world.

Another loud bang sounded as he turned around only to see Makayla land on her feet but she lost her balance and was about to fall on her face when Joel caught her by her waist to steady her.

She brushed the hair out of her face and looked up at him. She could feel her cheeks burning, "Thanks." She spoke and he let go of her, "It's nothin'."

"You guys are taking too long! C'mon." Henry called out and they listened, walking down and outside the house. They already had everything they needed.

They noticed Henry staring at something on the wall. It was the symbol of Fireflies.

"How are we gonna find them?" He asked Joel.

"I know a guy. Brother actually. He was a Firefly. He'll know where to go."

"Sounds like a good plan man." Henry smiled and they continued making their way down the street when they heard gunshots coming from the last house.

They quickly hid behind a car.

Joel looked at them, "Alright now.. ya'll stay here."

"No." Makayla protested.

"Before you start- I need you guys to keep him busy. I'll go around it and see if I can get an angle of him."

"Hey. Be careful." Makayla sighed and he just looked at her for about two seconds before he moved.

He was moving through the houses, hiding behind anything so the sniper wouldn't notice him but he could already hear voices near him.

As he jumped into the fourth house he heard footsteps upstairs. He waited downstairs as the guy made his way down and Joel charged at him from behind, slitting his throat.

He took his ammo and continued.

Another two were in the sixth house and he managed to get them down the same.

He stepped out of the house seeing clear path to the house on the end so he started sprinting. He jumped the fence and got into the house from behind.

He searched the lower part but there was no one so he walked upstairs. He entered the last room, it was the room the shooting was coming from and a guy charged at him from behind the corner with a knife.

Joel grunted, pushing against his arms so the knife wouldn't get close to his neck. He kicked the guy in the ribs and grabbed the knife from him before stabbing him to death.

He ran to the window grabbing the sniper, seeing Henry Sam and Makayla already moving towards him and three of the hunters started following them so Joel took them out. But that wasn't the worst.

The truck came from behind, firing at them so they had to hid behind a car while the infected came too since they heard the gunshots.

The three of them were shooting the infected coming at them while Joel waited for someone to lift up the cover of the truck and luck was on his side. Somebody peeked out and Joel took that as an opportunity to blow his head off.