Chapter Five

Juniper and Livie were scouting on cats to ask. None of them brought them closer to a single clue. Livie was feeling desperate for some reason. Juniper kept scouting and keeping things not so violent.

As they both kept padding, walking and looking everywhere. Livie looked for a new way to solve this. She went back to the scenery. She tried her best to catch a scent, but she couldn't find it so familiar.

Livie walked and ran. "Do you even know what you're doing?" Asked Juniper. Livie hissed. She walked closer to the blue kitty, with dull eyes.

"I know what I'm doing," answered Livie. Juniper had huge doubts. Their faces looked threatening to one another.

Juniper spotted something ahead. A figure, black and white. Who was it? Juniper needed answers for this case. He ran towards the figure. His eyes widen as he saw the stranger looking at him.

"Oliver?" Juniper asked. He had mixed emotions, he was happy, relieved, confused, and worried. Oliver gave a cheerful smile, "Hey, Juniper!" He exclaimed. Happy to see the little kitty with him.

Livie caught up to the two. "Juniper? Huh, what a weird name," Livie looked down onto Juniper. He remembered that he hasn't introduced his name towards the brown feline.

"What are you doing here? And who's this?" Oliver asked in a cheerful way. Juniper wondered how did Oliver managed to keep up his cheerful spirit in a place like this. He tried to smile towards his friend, but Juniper's mind were filled with questions and was afraid of Livie, herself.

"Well, this cat came in, told me to investigate with them, and now we're stuck," Juniper explained. "Oh! And this rascal is Livie."

Oliver looked confused and happy. Livie gave cold eyes to the friendly feline. She did not look so happy with the newcomer. She went back in the scenery to investigate.

"So, you're helping Livie here?" Oliver asked, he was curious of his friend. Juniper did not look so happy.

"Yes, but she thinks I'm not helping so much," Juniper replied. He looked towards Oliver, his friend. Despite the streets being a dangerous place, he still loves it here.

Juniper couldn't help, but feel ashamed for leaving his home. He noticed Livie checking for marks, and Oliver standing beside him. He thought that asking cats would help them lead somewhere closer to a clue, but no one answered to a single clue.

"We should just continue to investigate somewhere futher," suggested Juniper. Oliver nodded in agreement, but Livie. She jumped down on the ground, with her cold eyes and harsh mouth. She did not answer, but walked past Juniper.

Oliver and Juniper looked at Livie, confused. Juniper hesitantly said, "I guess that's a yes?" He smiled slightly towards Oliver.

They all walked somewhere close to the scenery. There were only a few cats, so there should be enough to ask questions. Livie looked around for any marks, relevant to the murder.

"Hey Juniper! Look what I found," Livie ran up to a couple of pawprints. There was only eight prints leading towards the road. Livie walked closer to the road, despite the loud cars.

Juniper felt concerned. He ran closer to Livie, but stayed a distance away from the road. "Where are you going?" Juniper asked. The sounds screeched his ears. He didn't enjoy the idea of going towards the road and the noises.

Livie looked back at Juniper. She was determined to find the murderer, but Juniper was worried. As Livie tried to walk closer to the road, Juniper screamed out, "Livie! Don't walk any closer, the road is dangerous!"

Livie was surprised by Juniper's response. The worried cat, who once shrieked in hatred and fear towards the brown feline has warned her. She took a step back.

Juniper's cowardness increased as Livie walked foward with harsh eyes. What is she going to do? Asked Juniper, his head were filled with anxious questions.

"I guess I have to find another way," Livie walked off in a disappointed voice. Juniper felt relieved she didn't walk on the road. Oliver leaped on the pawprints.

"The scent seems to take a turn," told Oliver. Livie ran towards Oliver. She walked towards where the scent was. Juniper and Oliver followed the brown feline.

While they were tracking down the scent, they spotted two cats infront, feeding on a rat. "Hey!" Livie shouted without hesitation. Despite the dangers of the two strangers, Livie showed no fear.

"Huh? Who is it?" Said one of the cats. The two had scars and were skinny. They did not look very friendly. The calico feline walked closer towards Livie. They were both facing, eye to eye. Juniper felt tense in this situation.

"Were you in the alleyway nearby?" Questioned Livie.

The calico answered, "I have, when me and my brother left- I heard dog noises."

Dog noises, Juniper thought. It was a clue! Livie asked another question, "And were there any violent noises involved?"

"There were two different hisses from two different cats."

"Anything else?"

"No, me and my brother were distracted from something," the calico explained.

There was a small growl underneath Livie. Juniper and Oliver did not feel so easy with this sound. Livie hissed her words, "Distracted? Distracted! You could've been very useful when you weren't distracted!"

The white cat with a few brown spots hissed back. He defended his sister. As they both unsheathed their claws, Juniper leaped forward. "Stop!" His voice sounded demanding.

Everyone looked towards Juniper. He felt suddenly fear underneath. Livie's eyes looked disappointed. But nonetheless she walked away. The two cats stopped being violent.

Juniper was relieved.

"So, where to now?" Asked Oliver. Juniper didn't know where to go. The only thing they all knew was that there were two cats involved. The three walked out of the dusty area with the two cats.

Nobody answered to Oliver's question which made him feel a bit anxious.