Chapter Seven

"It's her, it's her! I saw her earlier, she had five kittens," Juniper felt devasted to know the cat he saw earlier was dead, his grief became worsed to know three kittens died.

Oliver narrowed his eyes. He looked towards his friend, Juniper. "So, where's the rest of her kittens?" He asked.

Juniper noticed there were only three dead, and not five. His eyes looked towards anything in front of him, but no kittens.

"I don't kn-"

But before he said anything, he heard helpless mews. Oliver went first to look for the lost kittens, Livie scrattered to find more clues, while Juniper. He stayed, waiting for the others.

He wondered. If this keeps on happening, what could happen to them? His questions were heavy, he didn't know what to do than to just stand around and do nothing.

Juniper heard tiny mews coming in closer. The black and white feline rose from the bushes holding two kittens. Oliver dropped the kittens gently and slowly. Juniper noticed the kittens looked messy and afraid.

"I found these two huddled up and scared, frankly, I managed to confront them," Oliver smiled, looking at the dear kittens.

Juniper gave a slight smile. He turned his head around, facing the other direction. "When is Livie coming out?" Juniper asked.

Oliver didn't know what to respond with. He looked nervous, seeing his friend. Juniper walked closer. He walked closer to where Livie was going. Oliver lowered his head, he pushed slightly, giving a sign to the kittens.

Oliver walked forward, and the kittens followed him.

Oliver and Juniper saw Livie walking slowly. But as she heard the rustling sounds of the two cats coming in, she stopped. Livie turned her head, facing towards Oliver ans Juniper.

Her eyes leaned down, looking at the kittens. "So, you've found them," Livie's voice sounded faint. Oliver nodded, the kittens were behind him. "Let's get going," Livie took a step closer towards the bushes.

She walked further out of the bushes, and back on the streets. Juniper and Oliver caught up. Oliver dipped his head in the bushes to catch the kittens outside.

Juniper noticed it was already getting dark. He stretched himself after a long day of walking. He stood back up to his four paws. Juniper suggested, "It's getting dark, we should take a rest first for another long day."

Oliver nodded in agreement, but Livie. She hesitated on her answer. Juniper felt more anxious on waiting for her reply. After a few seconds, she nodded only a bit.

The five, including the kittens went to search for a place to sleep. They stopped nearby a shop with cozy lightings. The kittens huddled up for warmth, Oliver joined in.

It felt a little cold. Juniper knew it wouldn't feel like home, but soon he'll be there. Livie laid down from a short distance. She turned her head away, facing the other direction.

Juniper huddled up. He wondered what if they do find the murderer.

"Wake up!"

Juniper opened his eyes slowly. He saw Livie standing in front of him, giving a death stare. He stood up immediately, nearly crouching in fear.

Livie turned and walked away. Juniper looked at her walking away, not knowing why she woke him up and left.

Juniper saw Oliver just waking up. The kittens were still asleep. He saw how fuzzy they were, one was a light brown color and the other one looked like their mother.

Oliver looked happy when he saw the kittens staying asleep. It was almost as if it was his own. Juniper had no idea what to respond. He knew they couldn't be included in the investigation for too long, but he didn't want to separate them from his own friend.

Juniper was sure Livie wouldn't mind any of it. One of the kittens woke up. She walked mindlessly towards Livie. It seemed that the little brown kitten forgot her mother was dead.

As she approached Livie, Livie hissed. The kitten was scared as she raised her head towards the brown feline. "Don't touch me!" Livie snarled as she looked at the kitten angrily.

Oliver stood up and went towards Livie. He hissed back in defense. The kitten ran behind Oliver. "Don't hurt them either," he growled.

Livie gave a quick glance Oliver. She then turned her head the other way.

"Let's go," Livie started to walk forward. Juniper knew they were going nowhere if they kept walking mindlessly. But he didn't said otherwise.

"Where are we going?" Asked one of the kittens. He had just woken up to see Livie and Juniper about to go. Oliver looked at the kittens.

"I don't know, but we'll find out soon," assured Oliver. As he started walking, the small kittens followed him cutely.