Chapter Twelve

In front of Juniper was Oliver's dead body laying on the ground. Juniper could not believe his eyes. His own friend, closest and only friend dead, right in front of him.

The kittens they left in the box were gone. The blood was still fresh. Livie walked around to check for any clues. Juniper still stood there, frozen.

How did Oliver die? Why did he die? Why him? There were questions filling Juniper's head. His eyes grasped in tears. He was devastated that his friend, only friend had just died like that.

Livie did not gave any emotion. She acted like it was any dead body.

"Oliver was killed recently," she reported.

But she was shocked. Livie found two dead rats beside Oliver's mouth. She hissed, "He left us for the kittens! He betrayed us!"

Juniper shooked his head. He stopped standing still and approached Livie.

"He would do no such thing! I know Oliver, and he would not betray us like that!" Argued Juniper.

Livie looked at Juniper, she turned her head. "Oh? Well, what would you explain him running away from us? I saw him, I did."

"Oliver did not want to stay in the investigation any longer because he felt left out."

"And he ran back to the scrawny kits, didn't he?"

Juniper did not answer back. His eyes widen. She was right. He was back where they left the kittens. Was it true? Did Oliver really chose the kittens over his own friend?

He shook his head, trying to deny it.

"Well at least he ran away from you!"

There was a low growl heard from Livie. She flattened her ears and showed her bare teeth. This angered Livie. Juniper did not feel any fear as he looked upon Livie.

"And look what driven him to, his death," She mewed.

Livie then walked away. She barely looked at Juniper as she was walking away. Juniper looked as she trotted away.

There he was, alone with Oliver's dead body. There was so much to grief about.

Maybe if I was with him, he could still be a alive! I could've stopped him- why Oliver? Juniper kept asking these questions in his head. He missed Oliver so much, all he could do was just sit and do nothing.

He realized something. How did he die so quickly? Juniper saw Oliver leave, but nobody was there with him. This felt a mystery Juniper wanted to solve.

He looked back to where Livie left. Should he follow? He lost an argument and Livie, he should at least let go. But Juniper stood up and walked there.

Juniper found two cats he met that had just died. It didn't make sense to him that they would just fall to their death like that. Someone must have done it.

And Juniper wanted to solve it. But he then realized they have been solving the same thing already. Juniper felt dumb for delaying his option.

However, Livie was always the one solving it. Juniper did not want to come to this, but he went to search for Livie.